Esteemed Contributor

Re: Holiday Gift buying - Anybody else done?

I have not even started mine, but at this point the majority of mine will be cash and gift cards. Everyone except 2 or 3 little ones I think would rather have cold hard cash or a gift card.

Respected Contributor

No, should I be? Happy Halloween 👻☠️🎃

Honored Contributor

Not starting it; both sides of our family has phased out gifting.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361  Nooooo! I am so behind! Bought my DIL a Luminara candle today. She said she wanted it earlier this year. Have one grandchild done. That's it! Argh!

Respected Contributor

We stopped exchanging gifts in my family several years ag...

We stopped exchanging gifts in my family several years ago, so I'm permanently done. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Just starting to think about it now.  My grandchildren will likely want things that can be sent to them via Amazon in a few days.  Others will get virtual gift cards or checks that I send them in their Christmas cards.  

I doubt I'll do any shopping in stores 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

With free shipping and great clearance items, I did ALL of my holiday shopping today in about 15-20 minutes (shopped at QVC and Amazon). That is a record for me! I am now done! This was the easiest holiday shopping I have ever done. Anybody else do their holiday shopping today?

Yes, I didn't have that many gifts to buy, so barring any last minute purchases I'm done. I want to get my gifs in the mail early.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I just have to ask this question for those of you that are done shopping.... How many people do you have to  buy for?   

Esteemed Contributor

Almost done. Three more gifts, which hopefully I will have purchased in the next few weeks. All of my shopping is done online, and like you I have a mix of gifts from QVC, HSN, and Amazon. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Quit doing gifts long ago.  Donate to worthy causes instead.  My husband and I do not have kids, so no need to shop.  We have big families, but we have all decided we buy what we need during the year so we do not exchange gifts.   Sure makes enjoying December without all the hassle.