Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Gift Preview Laughing Out Loud.

To me there's nothing which tops getting/gifting a gift-set of Poo-Pourri !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Calcgirl wrote:

I can't sleep so I am online browsing through the QVC programs.  I came across the most recent program, " Holiday Gift Preview" and had a good laugh.  Can you imagine opening up a Christmas gift from under the tree and finding a household cleaner. etc? Is that supposed to be another version of coal in your stucking? LOl

Sorry, this really made me chuckle. Thank you QVC for starting out my day with laughter.

@Calcgirl 

I havent watched any recent "Gift Shows" but the one we used get a big laugh at was the Epilator---should you say this as the recipient opens the gift:--"Here you are hairy thing---get the moustache and chin hair taken care of "---- I know some people prefer PRACTICAL gifts but that one was TOO MUCH ---there should be a warning label on personal hygiene items during Holiday gift time🤣🤣🤣

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most women take care of the hair on their legs and body so nothing wrong with giving an epilator.  Better than smelly perfumes and lotions, candles scarves etc!!  Those  thoughtless gifts are saying here - I got you a cheap scented gift ignoring the fact that you cough and cough and find it hard to breath or got you cheap bangles  nice scarf even though I never saw you such jewelry or scarves!    

Trusted Contributor

Hehehe thanks y'all I needed the good belly laugh today. Reading this thread I was reminded of my first Valentines gift from my husband while we were dating......a roasting pan...LOL Yes I said it LOLOL! He told his Mum what he bought me before giving it to me and she exclaimed" OMG you are an idiot....just like your Father!" Hahahaha! 

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl wrote:

Hehehe thanks y'all I needed the good belly laugh today. Reading this thread I was reminded of my first Valentines gift from my husband while we were dating......a roasting pan...LOL Yes I said it LOLOL! He told his Mum what he bought me before giving it to me and she exclaimed" OMG you are an idiot....just like your Father!" Hahahaha! 

@Stormygirl - I think that's cute! If someone gave me that shortly after we'd started dating I would have thought he saw me in his life! Of course, that's only if I WANTED him in my life! LOL! 

DH gave me a set of LeCreuset as a wedding present, but he also gave me a pearl necklace and earring set!

But not much can top the gift my best friend's DH gave her for her first Mother's Day. She liked to garden, so he bought her two bags of mulch! He never did anything like that again. We used to never let him forget it! Thank goodness he has a great sense of humor!   Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom  LOL love the mulch story!!! LOLOL. That was a good one LOL. Yea the roasting pan is still a family joke as Steve is now the one who cooks all of the meals and he still uses it LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

To me there's nothing which tops getting/gifting a gift-set of Poo-Pourri !

@SilleeMee Yeah, might as well say "Merry Christmas stinky"

Respected Contributor

These so called gift shows have been dreadful for years. I took a look at the recent show lineup and will pass on the ubiquitous sets of junk drawer stuff. I enjoy shopping at QVC but not from September through Christmas when the same 20 products are presented in every gift show and host pick show with hours of the TSV mixed in. It must bring in sales but not from me and, yes, I know my absence is not making them shake in their boots.