Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Depression, Am I The Only One?

@KingstonsMom It is so brave of you to share you story and it touched me greatly.  

It points up how precious every day of life is, and it points up that all of us are so special to someone--like you are to so many of us today.

God bless and keep you close.  

Frequent Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. I just lost my husband 3 weeks ago and I'm struggling to get through each day. I will keep you in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

I truly wish that there was a way to thank each and every poster individually who responded so kindly with love, understanding, compassion, empathy and caring.

It helped dry my tears.

We truly have a great group of people here and I'm grateful to communicate with all of you.

I'm sure we have all suffered heartbreaking losses and my heart truly goes out to all of you as well.

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom I am so sorry for your loss as they have been numerous.  I too have suffered great loss , my mom Jan 31 followed by my father Mar 20.  I am fighting the blues and I am trying to deal with it and not transform into "Debbie Downer."  The holidays have always been projected as the most wonderful time of the year and it seems to add greater expectations.  I will keep you in my prayers to help heal your brokenness, much love to you and Kingston.

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols 

{{{{Hugs}}}}

We will all help each other through this!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@blinksmom 

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband..((((((((hugs and prayers)))))...Heart..

as you start a new journey to start a new life now without him...i've been there....myself...it's not easy..one day at a time.

Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

Of course you are not the only one. And I am sorry for your loses. Godspeed!

Trusted Contributor

@blinksmom   Sending you a big hug and prayers that every day will be a little better for you.  Take care friend.

Trusted Contributor

@Boomernichols   Sorry about the loss of your mom and dad, it's so hard to get through the holidays when the people you loved so much aren't there to share those special times.  I was very close to my parents and the holidays can get to be a real bummer when I think how special all the holidays use to be.  I think it's ok to have those bittersweet moments when we think of all our loved ones in heaven during the holidays, but I know my parents wouldn't want me to be sad, but  to enjoy my life and find some piece of happiness in each and every day.

Honored Contributor

I'm one of those Seasonal Affective Disorder people, and Holidays used to be torture.  My solution is to minimize the hoopla as much as possible.  We eat out on Thanksgiving.  Only a small family is left, so gift giving has been simplified.  DD is too far away to show up, so we now go to Chinese restaurant for Christmas dinner.  I do Christmas shopping early, no last minute pressure.