Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,960
Registered: ‎07-29-2014

Re: Hilarious pics of cats high on catnip ;-)

[ Edited ]

@Himi lover wrote:

@feline groovy

 

This Alvita catnip, is is for cats?  I never heard of catnip tea for humans.  I looked at the website, but can't seem to pull up catnip for cats.  Can you help?

😊


 

Sure!

 

It's actually for us hoomins to partake in (heh):

It's the crushed leaves of the catnip plant, and it comes in a bag/pillow like any other kind of hot tea.

 

Here's the link from Alvita:

 

http://www.alvita.com/herbal-teas/catnip.html#.VbbHbflViko

 

You can also take catnip in supplement capsule form, which has great reviews as well:

 

http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-Catnip-Herb-380-mg-100-Capsules/1836#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=a...

 

Here's the one above:

 

11400.png (156×288)

 

 

 

 

 

"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers."
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,928
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Hilarious pics of cats high on catnip ;-)


@feline groovy wrote:

@Himi lover wrote:

@feline groovy

 

This Alvita catnip, is is for cats?  I never heard of catnip tea for humans.  I looked at the website, but can't seem to pull up catnip for cats.  Can you help?

😊


 

Sure!

 

It's actually for us hoomins to partake in (heh):

It's the crushed leaves of the catnip plant, and it comes in a bag/pillow like any other kind of hot tea.

 

Here's the link from Alvita:

 

http://www.alvita.com/herbal-teas/catnip.html#.VbbHbflViko

 

You can also take catnip in supplement capsule form, which has great reviews as well:

 

http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-Catnip-Herb-380-mg-100-Capsules/1836#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=a...

 

Here's the one above:

 

11400.png (156×288)

 

 

 

 

 


 

Thanks.  I ordered catnip for my cat from the website Betteb posted.  But, I'm bookmarking this site.  I think I'll order it for me.  Now it's to calm you down?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,960
Registered: ‎07-29-2014

Re: Hilarious pics of cats high on catnip ;-)


@sfnative wrote:

 


@Himi lover wrote:

@feline groovy

 

This Alvita catnip, is is for cats?  I never heard of catnip tea for humans.  I looked at the website, but can't seem to pull up catnip for cats.  Can you help?

😊


Himi lover,

 

I'm not here to answer for feline groovy, but can say with absolute authority that Alvita Catnip Tea is a tea for human consumption.  My Dad was way ahead of his time and so combined this Alvita tea with Alvita Skullcap Tea for me usually during finals in high school when I'd become rather tense and found it challenging to calm down and/or go to sleep.  I found it very helpful. (This was in the late 50s and early 60s.)


 

Thanks for the confirm, Becc.

 

So nice to to hear that your dad was open-minded when it came to health, especially when the Western world disregarded holistic treatments.

Icluding those that were thousands of years old - and proven - from China and India.

 

My mom was from Europe and had lived in various countries until she was 13, so I also benefitted.

 

I've heard good things re: skullcap, and will have to check out the tea reviews at Amazon and iHerb, along with the info. at Dr. Weil's site.

"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers."
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,704
Registered: ‎08-22-2013

Re: Hilarious pics of cats high on catnip ;-)


@anisa wrote:

I don't find these cat pictures hilarious, cute or funny. IMO, they are disturbing and sick. To allow your cat to get high on catnip, borders on animal cruelty. A cat having a psychedelic episode that you instigated in nothing to make a joke out of.


I used to grow catnip in my herb garden and my cats liked to hide and roll in it. They never got a high from it, it just sort of mellowed them out. I wonder if there isn't something else in this Cosmic product, I don't think cats getting high is funny either.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,960
Registered: ‎07-29-2014

Re: Hilarious pics of cats high on catnip ;-)


@baker wrote:

@anisa wrote:

I don't find these cat pictures hilarious, cute or funny. IMO, they are disturbing and sick. To allow your cat to get high on catnip, borders on animal cruelty. A cat having a psychedelic episode that you instigated in nothing to make a joke out of.


I used to grow catnip in my herb garden and my cats liked to hide and roll in it. They never got a high from it, it just sort of mellowed them out. I wonder if there isn't something else in this Cosmic product, I don't think cats getting high is funny either.


 

"High" - like most words - depends on the definition, semantics, slang, and whether a person has a tendency to take things in a very literal way.

 

I only meant it as "feelin' groovy" (hehe), mellow, chill, relaxed, dreamy, happy, giggly; feeling high above everything that's bad and only feeling good, 

 

And I think most posters know that.

 

It's so nice that you aided and abetted your kitties' 'habit', though.

Get it?  

;-)

 

Isn't it interesting how more appealing (to us hoomins, at least) dried catnip smells than fresh catnip plants?  Woo!

"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers."
Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,145
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Hilarious pics of cats high on catnip ;-)

Apparently it's also in Mario's olives, lol.
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,960
Registered: ‎07-29-2014

Re: Hilarious pics of cats high on catnip ;-)

[ Edited ]

@Himi lover wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@Himi lover wrote:

@feline groovy

 

This Alvita catnip, is is for cats?  I never heard of catnip tea for humans.  I looked at the website, but can't seem to pull up catnip for cats.  Can you help?

😊


 

Sure!

 

It's actually for us hoomins to partake in (heh):

It's the crushed leaves of the catnip plant, and it comes in a bag/pillow like any other kind of hot tea.

 

Here's the link from Alvita:

 

http://www.alvita.com/herbal-teas/catnip.html#.VbbHbflViko

 

You can also take catnip in supplement capsule form, which has great reviews as well:

 

http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-Catnip-Herb-380-mg-100-Capsules/1836#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=a...

 

Here's the one above:

 

11400.png (156×288)

 

 

 

 

 


 

Thanks.  I ordered catnip for my cat from the website Betteb posted.  But, I'm bookmarking this site.  I think I'll order it for me.  Now it's to calm you down?


 

Great; have fun enjoying their reaction. Smiley Happy

I usually get my supplemts from Amazon or iHerb; both great companies that have fast shipping.

 

Yep; catnip is just to relax you overall when you're stressing.

Like in kitties, it also helps aid digestion, which is a healthy bonus.

 

Everyone:

I forgot to mention that regardless of how natural or safe any supplement or medication is, always take with food (even just a bite), or at least, a small glass of milk.

Your GI system will thank you.

 

Himi, if you're a tea fancier like I am, you might wish to try this form first.

 

 

"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers."
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Hilarious pics of cats high on catnip ;-)

LOL, had to share this here, LOL

 

cat playing with a banana goes crazy

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,989
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Hilarious pics of cats high on catnip ;-)


@betteb wrote:

LOL, had to share this here, LOL

 

cat playing with a banana goes crazy


What is that yellow thing?    It looks like a banana!   LOL

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,145
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Hilarious pics of cats high on catnip ;-)

Betteb, you can just tell by the cat's EYES, that he or she is three sheets to the wind (lol).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise