Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hilarious pics of cats high on catnip ;-)

Whoa Dude, that was some good sh*t.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

Love the pics -- especially the ones with the cat comments. 

My cats love the ****** but my big guy tends to get a bit aggressive so i can't give it to him. 

Honored Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

Love the pics -- especially the ones with the cat comments. 

My cats love the ****** but my big guy tends to get a bit aggressive so i can't give it to him. 

That's pretty common, as cats can become overstimulated and instead of abruptly backing off, they just continue the 'nippy'/'snippy' behavior.  ;-)

Glad you're enjoying the pics.  :-)

Honored Contributor

Vape pen, anyone?  glasses-cool.png (24×24)

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Vape pen, anyone?  glasses-cool.png (24×24)

dog-snickering.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

@feline groovy

This thread is hysterical!  Thanks for the laugh.😆

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When my cats were younger, I had to hide the catnip from them - they would sniff it out and rip into it otherwise.  I put it away on the top shelf in the kitchen cupboard and thought it was safe.  I remember waking up one morning and my little girl kitty was sleeping next to me, and I reached out and started to pet her.  Her fur felt gritty, like she had something on it. 

My boy kitty was meowing at me, so I got up to feed them, and found  a total mess  on my kitchen floor - my boy had jumped up on the kitchen counter, reached up, standing on his back legs and placing one of his front paws on the cupboard side, while he used the other paw to open the cupboard and fish out the catnip baggie - tossing it down to the floor.  Where they both tore it open, rolled in it, and got happy.  My girl's fur was gritty because she was covered in catnip leaves!!

I now store their catnip in a tupperware bowl.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Esteemed Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

When my cats were younger, I had to hide the catnip from them - they would sniff it out and rip into it otherwise.  I put it away on the top shelf in the kitchen cupboard and thought it was safe.  I remember waking up one morning and my little girl kitty was sleeping next to me, and I reached out and started to pet her.  Her fur felt gritty, like she had something on it. 

My boy kitty was meowing at me, so I got up to feed them, and found  a total mess  on my kitchen floor - my boy had jumped up on the kitchen counter, reached up, standing on his back legs and placing one of his front paws on the cupboard side, while he used the other paw to open the cupboard and fish out the catnip baggie - tossing it down to the floor.  Where they both tore it open, rolled in it, and got happy.  My girl's fur was gritty because she was covered in catnip leaves!!

**************************************************************************************

OMGosh..sorry Biancardi, I would hate to wake up like that, but, that's hilarious!

laughing_hyina.gif

Honored Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

Lesson.  Learned.

macjinasmeh.jpg (130×87)

Respected Contributor

they were little terrors when they were younger - I tell ya! 

about 10 years ago, there was a mouse problem in my complex.  My cats were really good at catching them, however.   It finally got resolved, but I kept thinking how stupid were the mice, coming into an apartment that had CATS. 

Again, morning wakeup calls.  My girl kitty loved to grab her toys and jump up on the bed and drop them next to me - I would then toss them out the bedroom door and down the hallway and she & I would repeat this until I woke up.  Remember, I am still half (or more) asleep at this point.

One morning, she does this.  I, without opening my eyes, grab her toy & toss it down the hallway.  She brings it back and this time, drops it ON MY FACE.  It was COLD and DAMP.  I opened my eyes and it was a DEAD mouse (tiny little thing) - and the shock of seeing a DEAD mouse on me (as I am normally not scared of mice) made me scream and I flung that thing down the hall, where she merrily grabbed it again for me.

I threw out the dead mouse and ruined her morning.  The last mouse in my house (normally, there aren't mice, but there was a lot of construction work, and that seems to shake up the wildlife outside...) was caught by my boy cat.  He knew it was under the stove.  He would lay down in front of the stove, all night.  I even moved one of the little cat beds into the kitchen for him so he had a comfortable place to keep "watch".   One morning, I heard a scuffle in the kitchen and he came trotting out, with a tail hanging from his mouth.  I went over to him and gently pulled the mouse out by its tail and it was still alive, so I put it outside, where it promptly ran off the balcony and fell down 3 flights.  oh well.    My boy cat was not happy that I took his hard earned prize from him.  lol

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames