Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hilarious pics of cats high on catnip ;-)

surprised kitty.gifDid someone say catnip?! purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A review for a particular brand ("Sojos"; organic & fantastic) and two of the replies, LOL:

My cat got into "ni*p" and now listens to The Grateful Dead, stopped hunting mice, started borrowing mice from other cats, was beat up by a common gray squirrel when he broke into its house to steal its nuts to sell to get more "ni*p".

This product is terrible I am therefore giving it 5 stars.

Yes, I highly recommend this product to anyone who has a cat.

I gotta go, I think the cat got stoned and fell into the toilet again.

I caught my cat baking some rather suspicious brownies the other day...Sojo's has ruined my cat.

Best laugh I've had in a long time. Screww the cat...I'm thinking about rolling a "J" of the stuff for me!

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

A review for a particular brand ("Sojos"; organic & fantastic) and two of the replies, LOL:

My cat got into "******" and now listens to The Grateful Dead, stopped hunting mice, started borrowing mice from other cats, was beat up by a common gray squirrel when he broke into its house to steal its nuts to sell to get more "******".

This product is terrible I am therefore giving it 5 stars.

Yes, I highly recommend this product to anyone who has a cat.

I gotta go, I think the cat got stoned and fell into the toilet again.

I caught my cat baking some rather suspicious brownies the other day...Sojo's has ruined my cat.

Best laugh I've had in a long time. Screww the cat...I'm thinking about rolling a "J" of the stuff for me!

ROFLMAO_2GuysToonAN.gif 

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@anisa wrote:

I don't find these cat pictures hilarious, cute or funny. IMO, they are disturbing and sick. To allow your cat to get high on catnip, borders on animal cruelty. A cat having a psychedelic episode that you instigated in nothing to make a joke out of.

It's OK, anisa; relax...

Catnip (a plant in the mint family) give cats pleasurable sensations - soothing/energetic/happy/other good feels - and does not harm them in any way.

It's not like LSD or another hallucinogenic.

Plus, it aids digestion.

There are even catnip tea bags (Alvita is one brand) for us humans to enjoy, since it's soothing for many of us as well.

Only we don't have as much fun during our sips.  ;-)

I'm a born animal lover and very empathetic toward all living beings, and would never ever  do deliberate harm to any of them.

I've also had the great fortune and blessing to have been a cat guardian for 35+ years - and for several other animal species, too.

If you (and an increasing amount of countless others) could, try not to instantly assume-then-judge.  Especially if you don't know the details.

And always keep a good sense of humor.  

If you're ever owned by a cat, you'll totally understand.  :womanwink:

I do give you props, though, as you're a compassionate and sensitive person - like many of us here.

We certainly need more of that in this world.

Honored Contributor

When I had a cat, I thought I'd grow some catnip for her in the yard.  She was an indoor cat and I'd let her have some every once in a while.  

Well, all the neighborhood cats discovered it and would visit.  I'd see not only the catnip but all sorts of nearby plants crushed and trampled by cats rolling around in and on the catnip.  I ended up taking it out.

I no longer have a cat but without any cats around, the neighborhood rat and/or mouse seems to think my backyard is a haven.  I planted another catnip plant just in case any neighborhood cats would like to come by!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

$(KGrHqV,!lkFBsCIWb!pBQn(-+!Cvw~~60_1.JPG (288×288)

Honored Contributor

5d20f8ec022447dc4553f4ec5051dbd6.jpg (460×355)

Honored Contributor

detail_ifyoudonttalktoyourcatsaboutcatnipwhowillcheezburgercom_2012-02-11-22-36-57.jpg (490×394)

Esteemed Contributor

While no one was watching, Scooter pinched the bag of the catnip, hoping they wouldn't notice.