Honored Contributor

Re: Hilarious order confirmation reason from amazon

@nomless wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

The order confirmation page for some items I received today from amazon states, "Your package was left in the mail room." 

It sounds to me like this was a delivery confirmation, not an order confirmation. I don't think AMZ knows at the time the order is placed what the final delivery location will be.

Like you, I also have seen that stated delivery location is not always accurate.

Well, of course, it's the delivery confirmation.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

Thank you so much - you have me laughing out loud!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't see the funny part; I just think there are multiple boxes to check and the delivery person on her 42nd delivery of the day checked the wrong one.  But it was delivered, so good job. 

Honored Contributor

@SoX 

You did tell us that before and it's LOL funny.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach 

My Amazon "delivery" was far from odd, or funny. To make it short(yes me doing short), here it is. Package delivered on a Sunday, can't even remember what it was. Delivery man either could not read, or chose to ignore my BIG SIGN, "PLEASE COME TO BACK PATIO ROOM". Sign has been there since 2001, when our patio room was built.We exchanged unpleasantries, all on my property now.

Now to shorten it. I ended up in a court room/in front of a judge. On trial for "disturbing the peace". I was represented by a Public Defender, and I was found "guilty" of a misdemeanor, on my 80 year unblemished criminal record. Fined $100+court costs+witness fees. Total cost: A blemished criminal record and minus $205.70.

Yes, Amazon in every department I could reach, heard my story. Results? They terminated this delivery man. Yep, this is a 100% true story. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@GingerPeach 

Once when I was puttering in the front yard, UPS drove up.  The driver got out looking a bit sheepish, and said, ‘I don’t have anything for you today, I was out this way, and I come here so often I turned in out of habit.’

Truth.

@DrytheThis is the best story I have ever heard! lol

I read it to my Hubby as he thinks my deliver's are too frequent!  

@quadmimi 

Fortunately DH was not at home!

I would NEVER hear the end of it.

😲

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@GingerPeach 

Once when I was puttering in the front yard, UPS drove up.  The driver got out looking a bit sheepish, and said, ‘I don’t have anything for you today, I was out this way, and I come here so often I turned in out of habit.’

Truth.

@DrytheThis is the best story I have ever heard! lol

I read it to my Hubby as he thinks my deliver's are too frequent!  

@quadmimi 

Fortunately DH was not at home!

I would NEVER hear the end of it.

😲

Well it's the best deliver story I have heard!...lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got this in an email from the USPS:

Your package was expertly and efficiently delivered  to you in person by a member of our professionally trained staff.....

THE REALITY--A blouse I ordered was CRAMMED, and SQUISHED into my mailbox....🙄

download.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@GingerPeach 

Truth.

@Drythe 

BEST UPS story EVER. lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A few years ago, I placed an order from Walmart. I ordered a 10 Ib bag of flour, a 10 Ib bag of sugar, a 96 oz box of pancake mix, among other items. UPS was scheduled to deliver the order. En route to me, the box was damaged, spilling the flour and sugar, therefore, undeliverable. So, I called Walmart, told them the story, they immediately shipped a replacement order. The following week,  UPS was scheduled to delivery and...guess what? The same thing happened to that package!!! What??? A third order placed with Walmart. Yes, the third time was the charm. I finally received my order!!!