Honored Contributor

Re: Hikers found dead on California trail spent final moments trying to save baby, new report says

I used to hike a lot too.  If I wasn't on a loop (trail), I had to remember to turn back while I still had stamina.  Otherwise I might be too tired for the return trip.

As far as the other story, I wouldn't want to vomit on a church either.  Smiley Sad 

Respected Contributor

Re: Hikers found dead on California trail spent final moments trying to save baby, new report says

I also wondered what happened to this family.  Now I know RIP.............

Honored Contributor

What an awfully sad story!  Smiley Sad

One thought that came to me was that I feel badly for the child and the dog, as they had no choice in the  matter and now they're dead.  I do feel awful for all who died, but those without power are the ones I really grieve.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3  @goldensrbest  it is an update to the story....you knew what it was about by the header....you did not have to read it. 

Honored Contributor

If you read the title, know it's something you don't want to read, and then read the whole post anyway, you did that to yourself.

It's not a forbidden topic. I do agree it is just so sad.

We all make mistakes and bad decisions all the time. We were just lucky that our mistakes didn't turn deadly.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We know of a few people and/or families who love to hike in remote areas, bringing their very young youngsters along.  

I don't recommend it, but it's what they do.

Also, some people hike around in bear country, which I wouldn't do.  These are not people who would never own any other sort of 'protection', so to speak. 

I might add that at 70 degrees, I, too, wouldn't have thought that the temperature would increase to 100 plus degrees.

Very sad, and heartbreaking.

RIP

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I would think that in that extreme heat they might have been prone to confusion. The heat seemed to intensify quickly, so experienced or not they miscalculated. My heart goes out to their family. 

Honored Contributor

I meant to also say that my heart breaks each time I think of this couple and their precious baby and dog.

It is so heartbreaking that words cannot describe. 

RIP, and heartfelt thoughts to their family, friends, relatives.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest No one forced you to read it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No one is required to read the thread but sad news is in the topic 

"Hikers found dead on California trail spent final moments trying to save baby, new report says" 

Another option is "Update on California hikers."

Of course, the title of your post is up to you.