Esteemed Contributor

Re: Highest commendations for using models with body differences during Issac's show today.

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
If someone ever calls me “woke”, I’ll take it as a compliment.

@bikerbabe 

It IS a compliment ... only the ignorant would think otherwise.   

It depends on the tone in which "woke" is used. It can be a compliment, but also used as an insult. Calling people ignorant who disagree with the meaning is arrogant. That remark is uncalled for. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
QVC Customer Care

Re: Highest commendations for using models with body differences during Issac's show today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't seen this model but I would see nothing wrong with it in her situation.

With that said.....I think I have more problems seeing seriously overweight models.   What they are doing to their bodies by being that way is harmful.  I'm not judging as I myself am trying to lose weight and need to for my health's sake. I didn't gain what I consider "too much weight" till I was in my late 50's to my early 60's. Now, being in my 70's, it's much harder.

One has to eat a lot less and eat healthier when you can't get the exercise you used to. I know what I say here may not be popular.... but if I don't like seeing fat on my body, I won't like it on someone else's either! 

There are obese people that I love and consider great human beings but, to me, even though it was a medication I took that started all this in my body,  I don't like looking at  my own body either when it is fat!  I feel I need to set a better example for young women that say's "you can do it"!  If for no other reason than your health and you being in control and not what you eat being in control.  Hopefully this won't make overweight women here angry. I just see so many heavy very young women these days who seem to think it's ok and sadly...they may pay a high price with their health for it. I don't think I will ever be a junior petite 9 again. I will be happy with a size 10-12 medium....wish me luck!

Two sizes down to go.

Honored Contributor

What the heck is a "body difference"?????   Did she have  two heads?  Three legs???

Honored Contributor

@kindred cats wrote:

@SeaMaiden ...It appeared to me she was missing her right forearm from above the elbow.  She modeled elegantly. Cat Happy

Thanks for that.  Bizarre that the op couldn't say what you just said.  She couldn't bring herself to say the words.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I haven't seen this model but I would see nothing wrong with it in her situation.

With that said.....I think I have more problems seeing seriously overweight models.   What they are doing to their bodies by being that way is harmful.  I'm not judging as I myself am trying to lose weight and need to for my health's sake. I didn't gain what I consider "too much weight" till I was in my late 50's to my early 60's. Now, being in my 70's, it's much harder.

One has to eat a lot less and eat healthier when you can't get the exercise you used to. I know what I say here may not be popular.... but if I don't like seeing fat on my body, I won't like it on someone else's either! 

There are obese people that I love and consider great human beings but, to me, even though it was a medication I took that started all this in my body,  I don't like looking at  my own body either when it is fat!  I feel I need to set a better example for young women that say's "you can do it"!  If for no other reason than your health and you being in control and not what you eat being in control.  Hopefully this won't make overweight women here angry. I just see so many heavy very young women these days who seem to think it's ok and sadly...they may pay a high price with their health for it. I don't think I will ever be a junior petite 9 again. I will be happy with a size 10-12 medium....wish me luck!

Two sizes down to go.

oh. My. Gosh. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I don't get your post???

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@gidgetgh  I don't get your post???

@jubilant - you say you're not judging, but then you judge.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

If being labeled woke is a compliment, it's a left handed one. Individuals who are woke are controlling, inhibiting, and silencing of others. Those not wishing to offend, not wishing to be faulted, avoid unfamiliar situations and unfamiliar races. They avoid saying anything, not confident it will be acceptable to the woke.