Honored Contributor

Re: High school graduation this weekend

@queendiva

Congratulations to your son and for his awards! Hoping for good weather for you! You must be a proud mom!

🌹

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes.  We are going to a graduation party.  Our next door neighbors raised their little grandaughter.  When she was only a few months old and a tiny baby her mother and father were killed in automobile accident.  We have watched her grow up and seen both sets of grandparents band together to make her life normal.  She is very much loved.  Her uncle (mothers brother) never married and lives with his parents. Because the grandparents were older....he is actually her legal guardian and she calls him "Dad" because that is exactly what he has been to her.  It has been a pleasure to see these families bond together for the sake of this little treasure of theirs who has turned into a beautiful young woman.  I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Super Contributor

I will be attending my (step) grandson's graduation later this month...my husband passed away last year and had been hoping to attend. I have been in his son's lives for 30 years and  I am flying across the country to attend and am honored that I am being included in the celebration.  It's an especially happy time as this young man's parents were only 16 when he was born - and have stayed together and worked hard all these years to rear a wonderful son - neither of the parents completed high school but have "made it" and I think this is  a celebration of their commitment to each other and to their son as well!  I am looking forward to it!

Honored Contributor

Our only son graduated high school last year, and I was exhausted by the time it was all over, so am enjoying the fact that we don't have to deal with it this year!

Congrats to the newest class, and those of you celebrating, have a great time.

Honored Contributor

I go to graduations every year. I teach 8th graders. My great niece is also graduating from 8th grade this month. My nephew and a close friend's daughter are graduating high school. I have lots of graduations this year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congratulations to all the 2016 graduates.

High school graduations are another 6 weeks away in most of NJ. Generally they are mid to late June. I remember my graduation was June 26th.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

Congratulations to all the 2016 graduates.

High school graduations are another 6 weeks away in most of NJ. Generally they are mid to late June. I remember my graduation was June 26th.

Wow! that is late!

Most graduations are done in this area by the first couple of days in June, at the latest.