Honored Contributor

Re: Hi gidgetgh - Thinking of you!

Just checking the boards for the first time today and saw this thread. Thanks. 

My husband was discharged from the hospital late last night, 8 PM, against my objections and sent to a rehab facility.  My husband is not well. 

This afternoon the rehab facility called me and said they were calling an ambulance and he needed to go back to the hospital. 

I picked a different hospital and we are in the ER now.  He has a UTI and they had to replace the catheter with a new one. They just started him on antibiotics and are sending him back to rehab tonight, in an hour or two, by ambulance. 

I get absolutely no rest.  None. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

So sorry to hear this, gidget.  

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh - I'm so sorry to hear your husband is not getting much better. I hope by now he might be settled in rehab and you can go home and get some rest, even though you haven't had much. You need to sleep. Continued prayers are with you. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh I know this merry go round very well.  I am so sorry.  Huge hugs and don't forget to take care of you.  Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh 

Continuing to send positive thoughts and prayers that your husband can get proper care so that YOU can get some comforting, needed rest.

My bestest wishes.  So glad you came back for all of our support.  Hope it helps.

Denise
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh 

Thanks for letting us know.  I was hoping he was home and the UTI was under control.  

Please take care of yourself 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   Please accept my sincere hope that your DH will pull through all of this.  I understand both issues completely.

Know that you are not alone; many here are sending prayers, good thoughts, healting energy, etc. to you and your DH.

Take care.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Not what I hoped we'd hear, @gidgetgh. Easy for me to say, but please take care of yourself as well. Thanks so much for the update.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  it's frustrating when they discharge patients too soon, only to have them return. Wishing better days for your Mr.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh I am so sorry for what you are going through and I will keep good thoughts for both you and your husband. I don't know your situation, but it would help if you had support from relatives or friends. I went through this with my mom, my sister and I didn't think my mother should be discharged from the hospital. She had Medicare as her primary insurance, an assessment was made by Medicare that she was well enough to leave the hospital. The social worker says you can file a grievance with Medicare ( you need to do this before the discharge date because if you lose, you will be on the hook for the care the patient got past the discharge date). My sister and I were denied ( I hear everyone is denied) and my mother had to leave.