Trusted Contributor

The “sister” shopping channel is now referring to callers as “neighbors.”  The Beekman show host...don’t know her name...keeps saying, “hello neighbor....you’re on the air” or, “let’s talk to another neighbor.”  To me it sounds very weird.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like forced folksyness.  Too cutesy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The owners of Beekman call their customers neighbors, the show host is simply doing what they want.

Respected Contributor

It's the same way they addressed customers when on the other network.

Relax.  It's not an insult.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

That's only when Beekman is on -- they always do that because that's the way Beekman always addresses their customers.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hi Neighbor??

[ Edited ]

I assume you are referring to HSN.  It's ok, you can say it....LOL   It's not an obscenity.  Also, neighbor is a Beekman thing.  It's how they sometimes refer to customers, viewers, guests at the inn etc.  They always did that on Evine.  

Trusted Contributor

Read how they got started up in Sharon Springs, NY and how joining with their neighbors saved their farm.  They refer to all their customers as neighbors.  Just their thing.

https://beekman1802.com/whois1802/us/

Honored Contributor

It's a Beekman thing and the host will only do it while presenting Beekman product.  It's weird.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It sounds like forced folksyness.  Too cutesy.

@Kachina624  I agree.  

Trusted Contributor

Thanks to all who replied.  I did realize after the show that it was limited to the Beekman products. I just found it rather odd.  And I think many of the callers didn't "get it"  like me. When the host would say "hello neighbor, you're on the air. What's your name and where are you calling from?" most times there was silence until the host prompted them a couple times.

I just kind of felt if this was a new thing for H, it was awkward.

BTW I did order a couple of the Beekman products.  I hope they are as good as they have been presented to be. Woman Very Happy