Respected Contributor

Re: Hey hey hey; it's the weekend! What are your plans?

Colonoscopy done today- all good for 10 more years! 😊

Trail riding tomorrow morning.

Taking Dad to church late tomorrow afternoon.

Sunday will be seeing 4 of my sibs at our parents’ old homestead. My sis is making us breakfast. 👍🏻

Trusted Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

After work today, running errands, Saturday, laundry and spending time with my Mom.....Sunday is church...Last couple of weekends we have been super busy, so it will be nice to have a more leisurely Saturday, especially after working all week!

Enjoy your time with your Mom; I surely miss mine.  

@crawford5153  Me too.  I miss my beloved maman as well.  Thankfully we have our memories in our hearts.  Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

My goddaughter's boss has a box at the Linc and she has invited me to join her to watch the Eagles vs the Jets. Go birds!

Trusted Contributor

Going to my 1870 ancestral home to turn off outside water and mow the lawns. Take a scenic route home to see fall leaves and listen to Conference. 

Honored Contributor

It's "Buy Nearby" weekend here where I live. I don't know if anyone else has this type of buy local weekend but we have it yearly. I prefer to shop local and support all the people I personally know. They have sweepstakes, prizes and coupons and a lot of fun shopping. I bought myself a new gorgeous coat. Love living the rural life. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Cleaning house before vacation. I'm kookoo and like to leave a clean house to come home to. Husband running his parents' estate sale today. They moved to a retirement center, 85 & 90; still healthy. Husband's been working on this sale for 2 months. While husband's at work grandparents drop in their home and change price tags and move junk to a pile where we're supposed to store the junk they didn't care to move and no one in the family wants -- to our basement. Not happening. Grandpa is trying to negotiate over dollars while misplacing the cash box twice already. I'm giggling. Husband is pulling his hair out. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

Went this morning and had my eye tested and will be purchasing new glasses within the next couple of weeks.  

Went out to a local restaurant for lunch.

Came home and did housework.

This evening going to a lovely local autumn festival.  They always have good music, food, crafts, scarecrow decorating contests, etc.

Go to bed and collapse!   :-)

Honored Contributor

Having wonderful deja vu nostaglic moments 43 years ago honeymooned at Disney and stayed at same hotel ...my younger son & his wonderful wife planned the trip🙂 unknowing this.  Spouse not able to take extreme heat and walking so I'm enjoying fun times with them!

..first stop, Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party at Disney World....it was a blast!  No long lines, big crowds, no crying kids, not hot as blazes & FREE trick or treat candy Disney way!  It was so much fun to see adults & kids dressed in costume🎃🎃

1800DB42-31B1-48AB-A6BF-99BAAA32F6A7.jpeg

Next stop Universal for Harry Potter experience.  Not HP fan but had nice time.  They headed back to Horror Nights -- I enjoyed a nice relaxing happy hour by pool

A612A903-E344-4745-AF59-BFDC455FD771.jpeg

Then wonderful belated bday dinner with my gf of over 45 years who recently moved to Orlando area.  And what perfect gifts the Vera Bradley way and meeting her new twin granddaughters!🌹🌹🌹

63BD7872-7C70-470A-82E9-ADE271AB470C.jpeg

Tomorrow heading to my fav place Daytona Beach for a few days🌴☀️🏄‍♀️.

Having wonderful weekend hope you are too🙂

Honored Contributor

Me:  Laundry & ironing

Housekeeper:  duh...cleaning my house

Landlord:  touch-up painting in my apartment

Husband:  hanging new curtains I just finished ironing after landlord does touch-up painting

Puppy:  chasing the kitty-cat & wondering why he can never catch him.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

To be outside as much as I can. Love Fall and the leaves. Have always been a leaf cruncher. Took my grandchildren with me when they were young. We would walk up the road to see the horses. They loved them. Clean out a little more. There is more to be cleaned out. Either have my favorite pizza or two desserts for supper Sunday. Watch a good movie hopefully. Enjoy girls.