Honored Contributor

Re: Hey hey hey; it's the weekend! What are your plans?

Enjoying a beautiful day at the shore.  Clear blue skies.  Tonight a nice bike ride with DH, then a glass of wine out on the deck listening to music.

Tomorrow 3 of his buddies are coming by for dinner after they golf, no wives, just (lucky) me.  LOL

Sunday, working on back yard.  Digging up shrubs and transplanting elsewhere.  

Honored Contributor

Eating a pan of brownies I've been waiting for since I got back from vacation

Esteemed Contributor

Got an early start this morning doing some shopping & errands. Stopped late morning for breakfast, which was a treat. Picked up a couple of small fall decor items; spent about $20.00 plus breakfast, so not bad for several hours out and about.

Tomorrow- Morning garage sales in the next town over, then will likely busy myself around the house. Will keep my options open. Will attend Mass in the evening instead of the usual Sunday morning, because...

Sunday- Invited for breakfast at DS's house. His in-laws are visiting. DS is a good cook!

After that I will take a nice fall drive out to the farm and pick up some apple cider and cider donuts made on the premises. Yum!  The family is getting together to welcome home my soldier DS on Monday, recently back from deployment. We have not seen him since Christmas, so I have to stock up on lots of goodies, as he will just be here for about 24 hours. I will take what I can get!

Honored Contributor

Farmer's Market on Saturday morning.  Mani/pedi and I get my hair trimmed in the afternoon.  Hubby and I are meeting friends for dinner in the evening.  No firm plans for Sunday.    I'm thinking church and then a long ride and we pick up some pumpkins and apples.  Have lunch along the way.  Hubby might have other ideas. 

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Got an early start this morning doing some shopping & errands. Stopped late morning for breakfast, which was a treat. Picked up a couple of small fall decor items; spent about $20.00 plus breakfast, so not bad for several hours out and about.

Tomorrow- Morning garage sales in the next town over, then will likely busy myself around the house. Will keep my options open. Will attend Mass in the evening instead of the usual Sunday morning, because...

Sunday- Invited for breakfast at DS's house. His in-laws are visiting. DS is a good cook!

After that I will take a nice fall drive out to the farm and pick up some apple cider and cider donuts made on the premises. Yum!  The family is getting together to welcome home my soldier DS on Monday, recently back from deployment. We have not seen him since Christmas, so I have to stock up on lots of goodies, as he will just be here for about 24 hours. I will take what I can get!

@queendiva   Big hug for your DS from all of us!Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Saturday:   Craft Show at town's Rec Center

Sunday, with sisters & mom, first movie Judy and then lunch at Wildfire

Honored Contributor

I am hoping for good weather to get some fall yard work done - emptying pots with red geraniums and replanting them with yellow daffodil bulbs.  I have 200 daffodils bulbs to get planted.  

Honored Contributor

Probably shopping;  I'd love to find some more of the oversized tea lights that burn for 10 hours or more.  I know of one source, a candle company, but it's in the opposite direction I'd like to go.  Our Walmart carries them, but for some reason they've not had them the last few times.

Son will be starting to paint the walls of our stairwell-- we might want to stick around while he's doing that!  Supervision might be advisable, ha.

Sunday church.  There's a new Bible study starting Sunday night that hubs is going to, but I haven't decided yet.  When the minister invited us he said it would be a very challenging study of James and "not for the faint of heart".  Meaning it's going to be pretty rigorous, with lots of extra reading and study.  I'd love to be "up" for that, but not sure at this time that I am....  

Respected Contributor

Relaxing and doing a little cooking of some of my favorite comfort foods....beef stew and peach cobbler....got the ice cream on stand-by in the freezer. Probably should add a walk to help with the pounds associated with the stew and cobblerWoman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Writing, embracing my inner sloth, football watching, baseball watching, etc.  Ahhh, love me the weekend!  

Enjoy everyone!