Honored Contributor

Re: Hey!!! Were you ever in a pageant?

Not a pagent/pagent, but the closest thing for me similar was my Senior year of high school being chose one of the Senior Beauties.  I graduated with a class of 604 students and 10 were chosen so it was flattering.  But at the assembly that night being presented under all those lights was kind of weird.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

No.....I was chubby and had a unibrow.....

ME, TOO!!!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Not pageants, but my younger sister and I went to john Robert Powers Modeling School! It was fun and we didn't take it too seriously! One day we had bring a friend, and I had this gorgeous tall blonde friend that ended up being chosen as a hair model. It was fun!

My sister and I were never really that interested in being models, it was just something fun and interesting to do! Most of the girls in our class would have never made it in the "real modeling world" anyways.....

My friend that was chosen as the Hair Model had  beautiful blonde hair like Farrah Fawcett, and she ended up doing some hair shows and having fun with it while it lasted!

@CANDLEQUEEN  I also went to John Robert Powers.

Honored Contributor

No, I am not pageant material.  I never wore makeup and always wore a simple hairstyle.

I did pose in a bikini and high heels and stand next to a sports car during the car show two years in a row. They are always held during the winter time and it can get pretty cold.  

There are overhead doors that are opened often for new cars to come and go.  I had goose flesh the whole time.  I got paid $50 a night for three nights.  That was big money back in the 70's.

No model agents saw me and signed me up for anything and the money is long gone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal NO and I think they are just terrible when they involve any minor children who cannot make the choice for themselves. It's the parents who push the kids into this stuff, I am convinced.

If adults want to do this, okay. I'm not  a big fan but adults can make that choice.

Honored Contributor

I was on the Homecoming Court in college. I'm not sure who nominated me. Once I was, I had to fill out a paper with my activities, goals, etc. They selected 25, and we had to be interviewed by student and faculty judges. They selected one representative from each class and the Queen from the 25. I was chosen to represent the junior class, and I found out later I came in 3rd overall!

I was introduced during halftime and rode a float in the parade. I got a huge trophy engraved with my name. We threw it away when we broke up Mom's house after she died. 

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal    What kind of pageant?  There are Christmas Pageants, Easter Pageants, Medieval Pageants, May Day Pageants, etc., etc.  You need to be more specific. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

No I wasn't but one of my best friends all through school was in so many and won a lot.  I would usually go with her and her family to them and I would sit by one of her brothers and laugh at his funny comments about the pagents.  I thought they were rather silly.  He would say "oh no she is doing that dead bird ballet dance again!"  I did like watching the talent part though.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@qualitygal    What kind of pageant?  There are Christmas Pageants, Easter Pageants, Medieval Pageants, May Day Pageants, etc., etc.  You need to be more specific. 

@Kachina624 

Good point.  I automatically assumed she meant beauty pageants.

Honored Contributor

No pageants, but I've done some modeling.