Honored Contributor

Hey!! To all you Caregivers:

Watching a show, reminded me of my days doing this.

I just want to say THANK YOU for all your hard work, patience, love, kindnesses,  caring, time, and all else you do for those you take care of.

If the person you are caring for hasn't said it to you or even enough, Thank YOU!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Hey!! To all you Caregivers:

@qualitygal wrote:

Watching a show, reminded me of my days doing this.

I just want to say THANK YOU for all your hard work, patience, love, kindnesses,  caring, time, and all else you do for those you take care of.

If the person you are caring for hasn't said it to you or even enough, Thank YOU!!

I agree. Thank You!!! 

Valued Contributor

I am the oldest of 7. My middle brother is an attorney)but he has been the main"caretaker" for my parents for at least the last 10-14 yrs.(He put his working life on hold to take care of my parents). My father passed three yrs ago. My mother is in her upper 80's and has health issues. My brother has done so much to help all. He has had his own health issues and I took over for about 9 months (I live about 40 minutes away). I was there as the one helping as we were growing up because my father was a manufactures rep and traveled a lot and with 7 my mother needed help.

But this brother has done so much to help my parents and everyone. 

Honored Contributor

What a positive, wonderful thread, expressing gratitude.  Thanks, @qualitygal  for posting,  and I add my thanks to the others for heroic caregivers of all kinds!

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal 

Thank you for thanking the caregivers! 💙 💟

As you know, I was my dad's caregiver, as he got worse with Alzheimer's.

Being a caregiver, is a hard, hard, thankless job.

I never knew that I could be that strong, and believe me when I say that there were times when I thought that I was going to loose my mind, but I'm glad that I did it, because oftentimes, nobody else in the family will step up and volunteer to do it.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal   I am my husband's caregiver, have been since 2013 at his first cancer got him.

We're now working on ridding him on reoccurance #5, 15 radiation treatments and like all caregivers, we are not permitted to be the caregivers anymore. He has 3 more to go, will RING THAT BELL again on Monday. It kills me to not be able to be there with him through everything he goes through and especially this Monday when he rings the bell again but I won't hear it.

My heart breaks for me and all caregivers who no longer (right now) can not be with our loved ones.

Honored Contributor

I must add on here - never let it be said that we caregivers are so GRATEFUL every day that for those who have other (serious) medical ailments that our Teams are still on the job with our loved ones.

Care goes on and has been through all else going on. Our Teams have not skipped a beat minnus my not being able to go there. Virtual appointments are welcome and they're easy to do so we really need not real we're left out. Safety for all is the key.