Honored Contributor

Re: Hey, Posters From Pennsylvania

We are self employed...we rarely see anyone at our office.  I won't be happy if we are not allowed into our office.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

We are self employed...we rarely see anyone at our office.  I won't be happy if we are not allowed into our office.

Same here.  Except this virus is literally killing our business.  I don't know if we can survive this.  We have no income for the foreseeable future, and we can not retire yet.  But hey, we have our health, so that is something.  And my grandson was just born, to join his sister.  Nothing sweeter than having my 21 month old grand daughter walking over to me with her arms up, wanting me to hold her. 

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips ....the businesses we work with are factories...manufacturing. Business has been good but we currently have no orders to fill, it is scary.

I am 64, dh is 79....we enjoy working and do not want to retire.  Our only income is our business...since we run the business together. 

Thank goodness we don't have any debt, and have been good savers, but in  times like this, we probably didn't save enough.

Hang in there, I am hoping if we all follow the 'rules' and do our best not to spread germs, this might be over in 3-4 weeks.  I might be dreaming but I am a glass 1/2 full person.

Enjoy your grandchildren, nothing like a new baby!

Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg   He made the announcement at 2pm today.  I called my gym, and they confirmed they are closing at 10pm tonight and won't reopen until the governor say OK.  

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

Gyms, movie theatres, bars, restaurants (restaurants can do take out and delivery), hair and nail salons, liquor stores,  retail stores (stores like Walmart that sell groceries can stay open).  My sister works in a dental office and was just told today that they will close until first week of April. 

Honored Contributor

Only supermarkets, grocers, pharmacies, gas stations and health care providers can stay open.  All other businesses that the public uses are to be closed.

I'm so glad that I'm stocked up ....just would like to get some fresh produce but I'll have to see how that goes.

Honored Contributor

I imagine many will be bemoaning the closing of the state run liquor stores.  It was even on our local news here in New Mexico.  That could actually be very dangerous for alcoholics.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Please know in advance, I am not making light of this in any sense. I am as prepared as I can be and taking the necessary precautions.   But~ on the lighter side, my sweet husband heard this and called me to ask if I wanted him to pick up another "juice box" .  (Karen on the series "Will & Grace" referred to them as juice boxes on one of the epsisodes and it has since stuck with us) . p.s. Naturally I told him YES.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I imagine many will be bemoaning the closing of the state run liquor stores.  It was even on our local news here in New Mexico.  That could actually be very dangerous for alcoholics.

Grocery stores here in PA sell alcohol now, so as long as they remain open, you can buy it there. 

Super Contributor

They just said that banks, daycares, healthcare facilities, grocery stores, gas stations and pharmacies are what can remain open.