Honored Contributor

🧪 Hey New Yorkers. I have a❓🧪

Re:  NYC Covid-19 testing

In all of Cumo's press conferences he always mentions NY has done more testing than any other state. 

Are there hundreds of testing sites around NYC?

Not counting first responders & hospital patients, are ordinary citizens getting tested too if they want? 

South Joisey 2 weeks ago set up 3 testing sites.  They have been set up for weeks, but only 1 had testing kits. Smiley Mad

Currently at 1 site, ONLY first responders can get tested.

Currently at the other 2, ONLY folks who have a doctor's rx.  If you do not have one, you will be turned away.  Matter of fact, you can't even get near a testing site if you do not have a rx.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 🧪 Hey New Yorkers. I have a❓🧪

We have one in Rockland County near Bear Mountain. Looks like you have to call for an appointment. That's all I know.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

same in maryland......need a script, must have multiple or all of the symptoms or they wont test you, NOT ENOUGH TEST KITS!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Not sure what;s happening in NYC but in my county we have I think 4 testing sites now. You do have to call and get an appointment and I'd assume have some symptoms. Then the hospitals are testing workers and patients there.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought the test kits were going to be replaced with the spit in the tube tests that will be mailed out to your home after teleconferencing with your doctor.  Not necessary to leave the house.  The doctor will call in the order and test tube will be mailed to you and then you leave it for the mailman or drop off at a post office or mailbox.  Mass testing will be done when this is implemented.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think they set up drive thru testing sites in sections of Brooklyn and Queens, LI, the Bronx and Staten Island as well as walk in testing sites in all five boros since late March.

Esteemed Contributor

I think you need a Rx to get tested.  

There aren't enough tests available.  Cuomo explained how complex it is, many manufacturers of tests out there, but the chemicals from each manufacturer differ and those chemicals are difficult to get because the material is sourced from China.  You can't test without the chemicals.  

It goes back to sourcing good from China in this case.

Valued Contributor

I believe the sites you mentioned in NJ & NY are FEMA test sites.  There are many other non-FEMA  test sites.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since early in March, we've had test sites all over New Mexico as we have a very pro-active governor.  You have to call a much publicized phone number for pre-screening before you can be tested.  You must have symptoms...its not done on whim.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I know we have in all the 5 boroughs and yes we have done the most testing,unfortunately with the millions of people in our city that's not enough.