Honored Contributor

Hey! Do you know whats going bagless in August?

[ Edited ]

Our local Goodwill.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Re: Hey! Do you whats going bagless in August?

@Group 5 minus 1    As in BYOBag???   or not selling handbags?

Honored Contributor

huh????

Honored Contributor

Around here they use donated bags, both paper and plastic.

Respected Contributor

Our Goodwill hasn't supplied bags for your purchase in a year 

Honored Contributor

Good for them- and us!

Honored Contributor

@depglass    Good idea -  I haven't been to Goodwill recently, but I know that's what my favorite thrift shop does.   I regularly donate all shopping bags as well as non-food plastic bags every time I drop things off.

Honored Contributor

NJ has been bring your own bags since May.  

Last night we went out for a bite to eat and our drinks came with paper straws, well that was just gross and actually ruined my iced tea.  My son-in-law is a district manager for a chain restaurant and has two locations out of state.  I asked him to bring home some of the plastic straws for us.  I will keep them in my bag and bring them home to rinse out.

Respected Contributor

I live in Delaware and single use plastic bags were outlawed in January 2020.  Bad idea.  Most stores just went to thicker multi-use plastic bags which in reality would not be used very often for multi uses.  So they changed the law again as of July 2022 to no plastic bags.  Some stores have switched to paper but some don't offer bags at all - Target.  

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife   So, if a customer like me--who doesn't drive--goes to Target in Delaware I am supposed to bring my own bags even though I don't know what, or how much of anything, I am going to buy?

And if I don't have any with me do they have bags you can buy at the checkout that most supermarkets have--they have a film of some kind--a coating--over some other material and a web type handle?

My  curious mind wants to know.

I don't mind the discontinuance of the plastic bags but think a store should offer a paper substitute even if I am charged someething reasonable for it. 

I keep a couple of lightweight nylon bags that roll up into a ball in my purse for emergencies but they only hold so much.

aroc3435

Washington, DC