Honored Contributor

Re: Hero scales Paris bldg to rescue dangling child

The adult who just stood there on the balcony while he scaled the building to save the child should be arrested. Standing there while the child could have fallen to his death is unconscionable.
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
The adult who just stood there on the balcony while he scaled the building to save the child should be arrested. Standing there while the child could have fallen to his death is unconscionable.

@lovesrecess  Go back and watch carefully.  The person was not there right from the beginning.  You can see the barrier between the two balconies.  The person did move to the edge of the barrier/balcony as the child moved toward him; he was trying to reach the child as the other person was climbing up.

This was discussed quite a few times on this thread already.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

"Father of boy in daring 'Spider-Man' rescue in Paris was out playing Pokemon Go, prosecutor says"

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

"Father of boy in daring 'Spider-Man' rescue in Paris was out playing Pokemon Go, prosecutor says"

@Abrowneyegirl  I knew he was going to be charged but I didn't see this about Pokemon Go!!!  What in the world goes through some heads. 

I know in this country there had been parents leaving children alone to play that idiotic game.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  There was another adult near the child, could that person not reach him?

Honored Contributor

He was blocked.  It's explained in the rest of the thread, @mousiegirl

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

He was blocked.  It's explained in the rest of the thread, @mousiegirl

@GingerPeach  Yes, I should have read all of the posts, usually do. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No worries, @mousiegirl  Heart

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

I saw a video of the rescue today, amazing, absolutely amazing.  The man who climbed four floors to save the boy is beyond a hero, if there is such a thing.  There is still good in the world, we just don't get to see much of it. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

While yes, I too think he was heroic - I wonder WHY the guy stading on the balconey - easily seen on the video - didn't grab the child or Why didn't someone just go thru the apartment and out the door to the balconey to get the child.

I questioned that in my mind too when I saw the another person standing on the balcony.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam