Honored Contributor

Hero Nurse delivers baby in McDonalds restroom!

A hero nurse delivered a baby with his umbilical cord wrapped around his neck inside a McDonald's bathroom stall when a woman went into labor.

April Jones was eating breakfast with her mother Nancy at the Sarasota, Florida fast food restaurant when she heard a woman scream.

In the bathroom she found Cathy Jordan, who was eight months pregnant and went into labor while her husband Sean waited in line to order food. 

'I felt the baby's head. This scream came out of me came, from my toes, quite the scream,' Cathy told WTSP

'The whole restaurant heard it. Somebody in the other stall asked if I was ok I said "No I'm having a baby."'

Sean heard his wife's scream and rushed into the bathroom to help, as one of the assistant managers looked after their two-year-old son.  

'I was scared for her life and the baby's life,' Sean said. 

With no time to rush to the hospital, Cathy knew she had to give birth in the stall. 

Luckily, nurse Jones was there and she immediately rushed into the restroom.

'When April came in and told me she was a nurse we were relieved,' Cathy said. 'She

was amazing.'

Of the nurse, Sean added, 'She wasn't scared, she was ready for anything.' 

But the couple's relief quickly faded, as the umbilical cord was around the baby boy's neck.  

Cathy said, 'When she told me the cord was around the baby's neck I was screaming "My baby is going to die…" I was praying "Help, don't let him die."'

The nurse was able to loosen the cord just as the baby boy came out, but he wasn't breathing. 

Paramedics arrived on the scene moments later and put an oxygen mask on the newborn.  

'I had oxygen on the baby's face, and he gave a gulp of air… Best sound of my life,' Sean recalled. 

Jones (above) told Cathy the baby's umbilical cord was around his neck, but she was able to loosen the cord just as the baby came out

Paramedics arrived on scene to give the baby oxygen, as he wasn't breathing. Sean (left) said that 'the best feeling ever' was when the baby boy named Parker, took 'a gulp of air'

Parker (above), who weighed 5 pounds and 9 ounces at birth, is healthy and is being monitored at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. The couple hopes to bring him home in time for Christmas

Such a sweet face!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4064540/Pregnant-woman-stops-McDonald-s-pancakes-instead-giv...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

Re: Hero Nurse delivers baby in McDonalds restroom!

WOW!!! What a miracle! That family sure will be having a happy Christmas!!! 

Thanks for posting such a nice story!

Honored Contributor

Good job... but boy was that a quick labor and with no advance warning...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Best ever Christmas gift...and much appreciation to the nurse who stepped up to the plate and helped make it happen!

Honored Contributor

Truly a Chrismas miracle . . . God Bless and blessings to this beautiful baby boy and his family . . . Heart

Trusted Contributor

Blessed be ALL healthcare workers. Many of them must work today instead of being with their families. BTW: The mother delivered the baby, the nurse provided invaluable assistance!

Super Contributor

Very sweet story; I am glad everyone is doing well.

Esteemed Contributor

WOW Thank goodness the nurse was there!!!