Respected Contributor

Just been told by PG&E that our electric going off again from a.m. Wed through Thursday p.m. - not as long as last time we were 3 days - but looks like this is what our future is here in northern CA.

Just ordered battery operated Walkman so I can buy books on CD and have something to listen to as going by last time no correct info given out regarding when electric coming back on very hit and miss but at least I can listen to book.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich boy that stinks...need a generator to keep some normal in your life.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry this is happening again!  Sure wish the weather would cool off, and hoping for rain.

Respected Contributor
Dulwich, is it the wind there that is causing this?
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Dulwich, is it the wind there that is causing this?

@Brisky, I live in SoCal, but yes, it is the wind that prompts the outages by PG&E. We have some down here as well in certain areas but nothing like up north. We do not have the now infamous PG&E servicing us.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
Wow, I don't think I would like that at all. I guess they
need a generator just to live through all the electric outages.
Where I live in western CO it's a lot easier! We don't even have much snow.
Thanks Suzy
Respected Contributor

@Brisky   It has been 80 degrees here today with very little wind but - last time winds were predicted but none came to our area.   Again winds are predicted but who knows!  

The outages we we can work with  the way they are handled by PG&E not so good.

Last time we were told cut off at 8 a.m. then noon, then 5 p.m. then 8 p.m. never happened.  Next day noon, 5 p.m. 8 p.m. It actually went off 10.45 p.m.  - same non info re turning back on, very frustrating but hopefully be better organized this time as it will prevent fires.

Respected Contributor
Yes, I do remember the horrible fires you experience.
High heat and high winds can lead to horrific fires.
Very scary!
Stay safe as you can and get out quickly if the worst comes near.😔 take care Dulwich.
Honored Contributor

With all the fires they have in that state ,i think that makes sense to do what ever to stop the spread.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor
Unfortunately, the dryer States can't do much about the weather.
I am living in high desert and in summer we can get heat up to 105 degrees. It is illegal to burn anything without permits. People who smoke can't smoke outside in certain areas because of fire hazard. If they do it's a large fine. I personally don't know what it is though.
We had a large fire near Glenwood Springs that killed 16 fireman in early 2000. It literally moved so fast that it surrounded them. There was no way out for those people. It was horrible.