Honored Contributor

Re: Here's another one for you-WWYD

@Laura14@I thought you worked at a pharmacy?Did you change jobs or did I get it wrong?

Respected Contributor

I don't understand the angst.

Of course you don't give out personal info. You explain it politely and professionally and if they demand a manager, you oblige them.

Customer service 101. 

Honored Contributor

@dex I did my internship and I am fully certified now. Still kept the day job though.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Of course you don't give out personal info. You explain it politely and professionally and if they demand a manager, you oblige them.

Customer service 101. 

@Ms tyrion2

Because some Managers are lazy and dont want to handle complaints or talk to customers.....instead they chew the employee out for putting them in that position.  Friends that have worked in CS shared some stories and I handed them a kleenex as they shed a few tears about the process and what they had to endure all because they followed the company rules and regulations...and a Manager that didnt want to do their job!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Customer service 101. 

@Ms tyrion2

Because some Managers are lazy and dont want to handle complaints or talk to customers.....instead they chew the employee out for putting them in that position.  Friends that have worked in CS shared some stories and I handed them a kleenex as they shed a few tears about the process and what they had to endure all because they followed the company rules and regulations...and a Manager that didnt want to do their job!

@Spurt,

We don't know this is the case here.

Nevertheless, it's all part of life in the adult world.  

Frankly, I worked with the public for over 40 years both as a employee and a supervisor. I was never berated nor did I berate anyone for escalating a call.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14@I think your day job sounds stressful.Maybe you could cut back your hours there.

Honored Contributor

@dex I have.  This was nothing but I run away for really long lunches most days.  For all the ups and downs I know I am lucky to have a good paycheck.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Customer service 101. 

@Ms tyrion2

@Spurt,

Frankly, I worked with the public for over 40 years both as a employee and a supervisor. I was never berated nor did I berate anyone for escalating a call.

Ahhhh but just because YOU didnt do that doesnt mean other Managers dont.....!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Laura14 Idon't know where you work, but most businesses would have you do exactly what you did. Let the manager deal with it. I just fall on HIPPA, but I don't know if that applies to your field. You could use that as an exmaple with people who are cognitively challenged.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Customer service 101. 

@Ms tyrion2

@Spurt,

Ahhhh but just because YOU didnt do that doesnt mean other Managers dont.....!

Ahh, but just because it happened to your friend doesn't mean it happened in this situation...