Valued Contributor

Here’s a new one for you. My shipment is delayed

Because of a dry ice shortage.  😆 LOL. I don't really care, but thought it was funny. Certainly not the Q's fault.....

Valued Contributor

Re: Here’s a new one for you. My shipment is delayed

@lucky-girl wrote:

Because of a dry ice shortage.  😆 LOL. I don't really care, but thought it was funny. Certainly not the Q's fault.....

Just read and was wondering if your order is coming from Rastelli or Egg Harbor as I'M suppose to be getting an order that is suppose to be shipped out today and haven't received any notice yet.

What more can happen  in 2020  now having  an  dry ice shortage unbelievable.

Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

I had a food item delayed in processing for over a week from the delivery date. That was when temperatures were in the 90's. I don't know if waiting for temperatures and humidity to drop was the reason for the delay, but I was glad when the order arrived still frozen.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mimi NY wrote:

@lucky-girl wrote:

Just read and was wondering if your order is coming from Rastelli or Egg Harbor as I'M suppose to be getting an order that is suppose to be shipped out today and haven't received any notice yet.

What more can happen  in 2020  now having  an  dry ice shortage unbelievable.

Thanks for sharing.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't consider a dry ice shortage to be a "crisis" .

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

My order is from Egg harbor...salmon.   

Respected Contributor

SHOCKING!!  There's a shortage on everything it seems.

Respected Contributor

I received a delayed shipment notice and my order has nothing to do with food....it is cosmetics. Really getting annoyed with this.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucky-girl wrote:

I read that they delivered 40,000 lbs to residents during tropical storms. Also, the Corona virus has affected the supply.

Respected Contributor

Our furniture delivery has been delayed twice.  It is now 2 months past the original delivery date and almost 5 months since we ordered and paid for it.

Thankfully it is for a media room, not a room we use daily because we got rid of our other furniture to make room for the new.  We have a huge empty room!!

Honored Contributor

Dry ice is critical in the medical and scientific communities so a severe shortage would be a big deal.