Honored Contributor

Here's a heart warming story

Heart-

On CBS news- Steve Hartman reporting about 

Todd, a  45 year old autistic man who does all kinds of errands in Gresham Oregon because he likes to help people and make them happy. From delivering coffee, picking up mail, anything that is needed. He gets many tips but it is not about the money for him.

Everyone in the community had nothing but praise and said he is the kindest person. They cannot imagine the community without him.

So the only way to really thank him would be to have a parade and that's what they did. 

Plus they built a bronze statue for Todd. People in the crowd had tears. The money for the statue was raised from all the people of the town.

Todd thanked everyone and said he loved them.

And they obviously love him.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Here's a heart warming story

Very nice story...but how does Todd live?  Is he able to hold a full time job or is there some other way he's financially supported?  I was only curious since it was mentioned that what he does isn't about the money (I get that)....  However we all need money to pay the bills.

Honored Contributor

That is a nice story but Tod might need a job or at least assistance with his bills.I hope that he isn’t taken advantage of because he has such a kind heart.I suppose that he is okay or the news story would be asking for help for this kind man.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank You!! Stories like this give me hope that all is not lost.We must never forget our humanity!!

Super Contributor

What a wonderful story!  Thank you for sharing!  

Honored Contributor

@haddon9-

I was wondering that too.

The news story didn't really go into detail about his living arrangements or how he got along, or if he lived with family.

I couldn't find any more information about him online either, other than this story.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I saw that story tonight.  An amazing man and an amazing community he lives in. 

Honored Contributor

Great story.  If you google his name, there's a little background on him.  

Valued Contributor

This is great!👏👏👏