Esteemed Contributor

Re: Here's a head scratcher for you.

@catter70  My next door neighbor, the goofy guy, has probably 10 dogs that run loose.  I chased 6 out of my yard last week. His property is a he**hole of junk machinery and cars.  Stray cats wouldn't bother him.  The 2 neighbors on the other side of this guy are sweethearts. Lady on the other side of me  is 1/4 mile away and in her late 70's. She is no problem.

@NickNack  Yes, I have a garage but it would be hard getting in and out with walker so I park at the ramp DH and DS made for me.

I'm going with 4 legged creature of some kind.  No one I currently know would do that to me or anyone else.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like it may be a squirrel.

Honored Contributor

Perhaps it was a squirrel in your engine compartment.  I had squirrel in mine, I didn't know until I started the engine.  It got caught up in the fan belt...   That's all I am going to say about that....

Honored Contributor

This sounds like something you might need to be suspicious of. I don’t know much about cars, so maybe I’m wrong, but I’d get a camera or two ASAP.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D  I'm not afraid or worried about someone harming me.  We have lived in this house for decades and have never had any issues as far as trouble with anyone.  No new people have moved in.

I just found it a curiosity.  As I said it's most likely a cat, squirrel etc.

I spoke to my sister's husband and he said he watched a squirrel with a chestnut in it's mouth going up under his truck near the tailpipe.  Stocking up for the winter.They live in the city.

Trusted Contributor

I would have thought if it were a cat or squirrel there would be bite marks somewhere on the wires where they grabbed them to pull them out, especially since they said the wires would be hard to pull out. I believe I would get a couple of cameras just to be on the safe side. 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2, glad your neighbors don't take offense about you feeding strays. I don't know if they could posssibly pull wires out, but groundhogs can be very destructive to the wiring in vehicles.My sister at one time worked at a dealership and the wiring was always getting chewed by groundhogs.

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70   You may have hit on something.  I was thinking cats or squirrels but twice a couple weeks ago I saw a huge groundhog at the edge of the yard. I was looking a ways away and he was a really big boy.  Or girl.

I've seen them once in awhile over the years but not often.

Honored Contributor

Groundhogs scare me.  I've only seen one once when I was visiting my father.  I was walking my dog in his back yard, and there was a groundhog at the edge of the yard.  I quickly took my dog back inside.

When I Googled groundhogs it said they were mean and could attack humans or dogs if provoked.  I would never want to provoke one!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Squirrels! We have them crawl everywhere, even under the hood!