Honored Contributor

Re: Here's Why Slow Shipping

I ordered the polar fleece sheets TSV early and there was nothing about advance order but when I saw on here later in the day complaints I checked again and sure enough they were advance order now.  I cancelled the order and ordered fleece sheets from Amazon and they came yesterday (I do not have Prime). 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Stores like Target, Walmart and Home Depot have gotten their own ships, smaller ones, that can get into smaller ports so they don't have to go to the Long Beach one.  

@ScrapHappy    Would you please cite the source of your information?  What smaller ports? 

@Kachina624 @ScrapHappy 

I cannot cite any sources but I have read the same news stories. That a lot of companies especially the larger ones are starting to do this.  

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Stores like Target, Walmart and Home Depot have gotten their own ships, smaller ones, that can get into smaller ports so they don't have to go to the Long Beach one.  

@ScrapHappy    Would you please cite the source of your information?  What smaller ports? 

@Kachina624 @ScrapHappy 

I cannot cite any sources but I have read the same news stories. That a lot of companies especially the larger ones are starting to do this.  

Saw it on CNN.  Don't know what other ports or where those other parts are.  Just mentioned Home Depot are using smaller ships to get into smaller ports because the larger ports are all backed up.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus    I was wondering what small ports would have the huge elaborate cranes necessary to unload those containers.  I know there are other ports in the LA area but they're not small.  Those operations are very automated. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment