Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

Unbelievable!  Luckily, most of us don't encounter these disgusting people.

I shouldn't be surprised about hearing the "new lows" of some idiots anymore.  

I hope your neighbor is able to get her packages back.  Good luck to her!

I hope she comes nack to let us know what happens next.  I'll  be watching and will let you know.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

How did the woman find out which house the packages were delivered? Sounds strange.

"One woman reported that several of her packages had been delivered to another house in the area.  She somehow discovered where they were and went over to get them.  Knocked on the door and explained to the woman who she was and what she wanted.  The woman replied, "they were delivered to me so I'm entitled to keep them" and slammed the door in her face."

@SilleeMee.  She was tracking the packages and saw they were delivered but not to her.  She must have talked to the carrier who delivered them.  Here's what she wrote.  Kind of strange.

"Somehow my address on several items I ordered was changed by one street. According to package tracking, three are on their way, and one has already been delivered, to the wrong address. I have tried to contact the owners at this address, to no avail."

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Is that possible? To know the address of where a package was delivered?? I've had a package delivered to a wrong address but the only info I could see was the city and the zip, but not an actual street address. @Kachina624 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 , you have discovered The Land of The Entitled.

Nexr Door doesnt even recognize where I live! 😊

Respected Contributor

Re: Here's A New One

[ Edited ]

@Venezia 

You are correct. It is a federal crime to mess with the US mail in any way.  For instance, if you receive something addressed to someone else, you cannot take it to them. You must put it back in the mailbox or return to P.O. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Here's A New One

[ Edited ]

The woman obviously is mentally ill. Years ago I had a package delivered to a house at the other end of the road.The woman actually delivered it to me herself, she was my neighbor, but I had never actually met her. At the holiday time I had small packages stolen from my rural mail box and the local post office said not their problem, you can't prove who stole the packages and they insisted they delivered them. We did report it to the State Police, we don't have local police. Thank goodness QVC replaced the packages at no charge to me. We now have a PO Box.

Honored Contributor

how is anyone going to prove the boxes or bags were delivered to the other address?

if someone goes to talk to the lady and she says she does not have them, then what?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

I think technically (legally?) she is correct.  lf you receive a package that you did not order, you can either return it to the sender or keep it.  The recipient cannot be charged for the item.

At this point, USPS will handle it although I'm not sure what they can do if my understanding of "unsolicited mail" is correct.  Local PD?  Again, what is the current law governing "unsolicited mail"?

You are referencing a circumstance where a business sends an unsolicited order addressed to the individual NOT when a package is addressed to someone else and mis-delivered.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

omg......you can't fix stupid!

Respected Contributor

If someone shows up at my door saying a package was delivered to me by mistake I would want to see some identification. If they can't prove the package belongs to them then it will go back to the post office, UPS, or FedEx so they can redeliver.

Perhaps this is why Amazon takes a picture of where they left your packages. I was able to see, via a picture in email, exactly where they left the item on my front porch. I had a package delivered to my mom and they left it on a chair downstairs as if that's where they were instructed to deliver.