Honored Contributor

Here's A New One

[ Edited ]

My neighbors and I  participate in nextdoor.com, a neighborhood app where people post things of community interest.

One woman reported that several of her packages had been delivered to another house in the area.  She somehow discovered where they were and went over to get them.  Knocked on the door and explained to the woman who she was and what she wanted.  The woman replied, "they were delivered to me so I'm entitled to keep them" and slammed the door in her face.

She went home and called the local postmaster.  Post office will handle the retrieval of the packages possibly with the assistance of our local police. 

I wonder what they'll do if she won't answsr the door?Can you imagine the nerve of this woman?  She's truly the neighbor from hell.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   I also belong to Nextdoor.com.  I'm so glad the lady got the Post Office involved.  Many people would have just let it go.  I have acquired 2 new cats because I look too much on the sight.  But, I love them to death. 

Esteemed Contributor

I can't imagine doing that! 

We used to get another person's packages (& them ours)  same house number, different street.  For a while we were both re-delivering to the correct address. It's been good for quite a few years.

Honored Contributor

I believe it.

I had a package delivered to the wrong house.  The woman refused to give it to me.  I saw it sitting in her front entry.  

She said she called UPS to pick it up.  I have no idea if she just said that or she really called UPS to pick it up.  She refused to give me my package.  

Honored Contributor

Have to be a little more specific who the ‘neighbor from hell’ is.

Both ladies sound a little ‘off kilter. 

An Online Gladys Kravitz app.

Yeah, this can’t end well.

54AA3205-895C-432F-861C-F28952E9C785.jpeg

Honored Contributor

i would not knock on someones door (unless i knew them) and ask for packages that were supposed to be delivered to me. these days, that may NOT be the best thing to do.

i would contact the company where the packages came from and contact the postal service or ups.

LOVE the nextdoor website/app.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

This woman is a thief, she is keeping items that do not belong to her. I am not surprised given the fact that dignity, manners, kindness and caring escape many people in this environment we live in.

I hope the lady is  able to resolve this matter and retrieve her packages.  

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, that’s crazy. 

Honored Contributor

I would NEVER go to some ones home to retrieve packages that were delivered wrong.  That is the delivery company’s job, not mine. Who knows what creepy person lives there. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Here's A New One

[ Edited ]

We also have Nextdoor, and I love it, and an officer from our Police Dept. also posts items of interest on there!

I just cannot believe this woman, the packages were not addressed to her so how does she think she can keep them? I sure hope this turns out well!