Esteemed Contributor

Here in PA they moved up the date

for people to start trout fishing season. Other people are raging

that this sport is allowed when other sports like golfing is not.

People have been recording others standing within close distance

of one another. I can see fights or arrests next happening over this.

Are certain sports allowed in other states right now?

Honored Contributor

Re: Here in PA they moved up the date

This is from my PA state senator:

"The early opening is intended to discourage large groups of anglers from concentrating on the traditional opening day, which could have made social distancing difficult.

Anglers are encouraged to maintain at least six feet of separation from others, wear a mask or face-covering, avoid sharing fishing gear with others and only fish with members of their own household."

I'm not defending it; just saying there is a bit of logic to the early opening.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We are allowed to golf here in GA.  The courses have been overrun because there is not much else to do.  The golf widows are having a fit. 

I know the courses are also open in Florida.  My mother's husband has been living on the greens.     

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

This is from my PA state senator:

"The early opening is intended to discourage large groups of anglers from concentrating on the traditional opening day, which could have made social distancing difficult.

Anglers are encouraged to maintain at least six feet of separation from others, wear a mask or face-covering, avoid sharing fishing gear with others and only fish with members of their own household."

I'm not defending it; just saying there is a bit of logic to the early opening.

If they do it safely @ValuSkr  I agree it is fine. No fishermen or women 

in my family. 

Trusted Contributor

Golf courses in Florida are open as are some beaches.  Thankfully my county sees the error in opening the beaches.

Not sure why everyone is pitching a fit, STAY HOME.  The longer you don't do it the longer everyone else will be forced to do it.   It's not about you, it is about others.

I will never understand what people don't get about this.  You want exercise, Take a freaking walk.

I have seen less people walking in my neighborhood  than ever before, so people arguing that they need these things open for exercise is a crock.  Take A WALK.

I drove by the golf course the other day and while they are limiting 1 person to a car, there was a group of men all huddled together like they were hugging. UGH!

Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

for people to start trout fishing season. Other people are raging

that this sport is allowed when other sports like golfing is not.

People have been recording others standing within close distance

of one another. I can see fights or arrests next happening over this.

Are certain sports allowed in other states right now?

Maybe they are fishing to eat. I don't consider fishing a sport. And people are recording them to see if they stand too close.Please ,give me a break. Arrest and fights?????? Oh dear !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Here in our Texas city they just closed the golf courses.....

The big sports problem here is people getting together for "pickup" basketball games......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

There are no restrictions on fishing here, where it's not a group sport.  People don't congregate in one spot to fish for trout.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

when I saw it on the tv news PA didn't announce the opening of trout season till after they stocked to avoid opening day crowds