Honored Contributor

Your snow becomes our snow.  I have two appointments out today, of course.  So this should be fun!!!  Spring looks better right now.

Esteemed Contributor

We haven't had one bit where I live this whole winter. They have forecasted freezing rain here for late tues night. I'm jealous, op.

Honored Contributor

We just received a new 12" of snow over the weekend, lake effect. Woman Happy Happy dance!!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

wrote:

@shoekitty  I love snow.  I guess I am strange but it could be because I was born in December.  It does sound nice where you are.  I am a 4 season person.  I lived in CA for 4-1/2 and actually missed the 4 seasons but I grew up in 4 seasons.  

@Katcat1  Hi KC1,  I too was born in Dec, and live in the northern burbs of Chicago.  I can take a pass on snow, unless we're only talking an inch or two.  Being a Dec baby, I don't mind the cold...  within reason!  This morning when I drove in, it was ZERO degrees with a windchill of almost MINUS 20.  Now that's just a little too chilly for me.  However,  20 degree temps don't bother me.  Love the 4 seasons.  Fall is my favorite.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1  I'm near Joliet  I can't wait for Spring

Honored Contributor

I am in Southeastern Wisconsin and we got snow yesterday. I am right on Lake Michigan, and we received probably 4 inches, with more coming today. I think at least another 2-3 inches!!!Some of it is probably lake effect snow!

Super Contributor

I'm down near Peoria, and we could "possibly" get 5 1/2 inches before Wednesday. Sitting at my bay windows atm, waiting for it to start!  On the other hand, got so cold overnight my pipes froze and I'm still waiting for them to thaw. Just moved here 2 weeks ago, not used to the vagaries of this old house. Going to look into having the crawl space professionally insulated.  

Also love snow, anyone remember the big snowstorm of 1967-68ish? We lived in St. Charles, Il., then, and I walked to school in the blizzard. Thankfully a nice neighbor picked me up partway and took me the rest of the way.

Honored Contributor

Lots of snow here in western MI. On 12-25 we spent 4-6 hours just dealing w/ snow. I am a little tired of it,but we are ready for it.

Honored Contributor

Still nothing more than an occasional dusting in the DC area... By the time we get any, if we get any, it'll be too late in the season to really enjoy... I like a beautiful, gentle snowfall, but can live without blizzard conditions and ice...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

It's 46 now with a high of 54 expected today in Portland, OR.  Next 15 days show little to no precipitation for us and temps in the 50s.  That February wintery blast all the locals were talking about has gone somewhere else.  Would like to see some snow.  Had terrific snow last year.