Honored Contributor

Re: Here Comes Suzy Snowflake-Remember?

@Cakers3  Delightful....another time and place so pure and innocent.  Very refreshing!

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

Never heard this but it was fun!

Speaking of snowflakes, my favorite holiday commercial so far is this one, with a little girl, a snowglobe, and a Shostakovich waltz.  Oh, and a Lincoln. Cat Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdfkIFMwKQw

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have heard the rosemary clooney version of the song.

i have never seen that video and never remember "suzy snowflake" being a thing when i was growing up. have never heard of mr bingle either.

thanks @Cakers3 for sharing the video.....sweet.

@sunshine45 @Cakers3

I remember the Rosemary Clooney version....never saw the video until a couple years ago when a local news station played it when we were going to have a rare dusting of possible snow......And Music Choice Classics used to play it too.......

Here's some history of the song from Wikipedia..........

A cartoon short based on the song was made in 1953 by Centaur Productions, with stop-motion animation created by Wah Ming Chang. It is annually shown during the Christmas season on WGN-TV in Chicago,[1] along with another production by Centaur, "Hardrock, Coco and Joe" and an early UPA version of "Frosty the Snowman". WJAC-TV in Johnstown, PA also runs these three cartoon shorts during the Christmas season.

Clooney later re-recorded the song for her 1978 Mistletoe Records album Christmas with Rosemary Clooney. It has been covered by other artists, most notably Soul Coughing in 1997.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt  I remember the song too and my memory of Suzy Snowflake about a decade or so after the release is probably that-of the song, not the video.

SInce it was local I don't really remember now when I first saw it.  It would have aired either before I was born or shortly after depending upon the year-I see from 1950 through 1953.

Still a cute and nostalgic little cartoon.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt  I remember the song too and my memory of Suzy Snowflake about a decade or so after the release is probably that-of the song, not the video.

SInce it was local I don't really remember now when I first saw it.  It would have aired either before I was born or shortly after depending upon the year-I see from 1950 through 1953.

Still a cute and nostalgic little cartoon.

@Cakers3

Thank you for sharing the video....I love anything vintage to do with the Christmas season.....HeartWoman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The whole meaning of the word snowflake has changed. Woman LOL

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

The whole meaning of the word snowflake has changed. Woman LOL

@ID2

Please dont go political which is against Forum Guidelines...cant we keep a nice happy thread..........Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t remember Suzy Snowflake at all.  How was it shown?  

ETA:  Sorry I missed few posts that answer my question.