Honored Contributor

Re: Helping the animals in TX

@Witchy Woman,  Thank you for posting.  I want to cry when I see dogs tied up outside in the water.  How can a human being do that to a living animal?  Cat Mad

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Witchy Woman,  Thank you for posting.  I want to cry when I see dogs tied up outside in the water.  How can a human being do that to a living animal?  Cat Mad

A "human being" couldn't and wouldn't.  However, too many (as in one or more) that call themselves human definitely are not humane.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

All pets in Houston should be as resourceful as the dog who was seen carrying his food bag to higher ground.  Smiley Happy

Omg!   That was amazing.  On the one hand, my heart broke for him but on the other hand I was amazed by his intelligence and resourcefulness.  He instinctively knew that he had to take care of his self.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

All pets in Houston should be as resourceful as the dog who was seen carrying his food bag to higher ground.  Smiley Happy

Omg!   That was amazing.  On the one hand, my heart broke for him but on the other hand I was amazed by his intelligence and resourcefulness.  He instinctively knew that he had to take care of his self.

@chrystaltree @ValuSkr

They had the story on the news here, it seems a business had always put food out for this neighborhood dog, and that dog was smart enough to remember that and get his food and bring it to his home. 

Apparently, Otis is used to making food runs. In fact, he’s something of a local celebrity.

“Otis can go to Dairy Queen and he can get a hamburger. He’s the only dog allowed to lie down in front of the county court house,” Segovia continued. “He also goes to H.E.B.(a grocery store) He’s not a stray. He’s a good dog.”

We’re glad to hear Otis is safe and are sending our well wishes to those in the storm’s path.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

My homepage is animalrescuesitedotcom, part of greater good. There is a box you can click on on their page that helps you donate to the animals in TX.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much for this information it's so heartwarming for our beloved animals.

Honored Contributor

Stray and abandoned dogs and cats are being flown to the Marin Humane Society, north of San Francisco.

They will care for them until their owners can take them or they will be put up for adoption eventually.

Honored Contributor

Greater Birmingham (AL) Humane Society is taking in pets from Harvey.   They are asking for fosters.