Trusted Contributor

Good AM, one and all. I hope someone can understand my technical problem and  help me fix it. I use an iPad to read the QVC blogs and forums. When I choose a topic, a list of topics show up. Before each topic, there is a solid gray "balloon" for talking (I guess that's what you call it). So I click on a topic  and read and sometimes respond. When I go back to the list, the ballon sometimes stays gray, other times it's just an outline. I know if I see the outline of the ballon, that means it's been read and I don't need to reread. Other times after I've read, I go back and the ballon is still solid. I don't want to reread a topic and sometimes I forget if I have bc the ballon is solid gray. Is there a way to document that I have read something already?

TIA

Honored Contributor

Probably get some help over in the 'Electronics' forum

Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y

Yes, I’ve experienced the same thing.

The boards have been a little wonky lately.

Maybe they’re doing an upgrade?

My solution? After I finish reading all my favorite sub-forums,

I click on “Mark all posts in Community as Read” under the

Quick Links on the left side. 

HTH!🌼💛

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Lisa Y

HTH!🌼💛

Thanks, @sidsmom. I will try that. 🤗

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help with forums

[ Edited ]

@Lisa Y, I hope I am understanding correctly.

When the "balloon" is solid it indicates there are posts in the thread you have not read. 

After you have gone into a thread then leave it the "balloon" turns grey indicating that the thread has been read.

When you look again and see the "balloon" is once again solid it indicates that there is a new, unread post added to the thread.

If the balloon has been replaced by an arrow it indidates that you posted to that thread; the color of the arrow will indicate if you have read all the posts or if new posts have been added.

IIt might helpful to you to go tn your settings, preferences, linear layout.  There you can check the box to "Jump to first unread post in a topic".  When that feature is turned on when you return to a thread you will automatically be taken to the first unread post.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your help. I didn't realize I could change that in settings. In the past, once I read something, the ballon just changed automatically. I will try your suggestion.

Honored Contributor

Re: Help with forums

[ Edited ]

@Lisa Y wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Lisa Y

HTH!🌼💛

Thanks, @sidsmom. I will try that. 🤗

@Lisa Y,  Word of caution about using the "Mark all posts in Community as Read" -- this feature marks  all posts  in all threads  in the entire Community  as read.   

It doesn't only apply to the one individual thread.

Once you choose that option, the only "un-do" available is "Mark all posts in Community as New."

To mark only the one single thread (instead of all of them) as read, use this feature in the drop-down menu at the top:

C28A8FB3-1509-49CD-B161-E5A54420D495.jpeg

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

By the way, there is a long-standing glitch that's been reported in the past that causes a thread, or some of the posts in a thread, to continue to display as unread even after we read it all and exit it.    It seems to be a timing issue...  I've noticed if I come back later and look, the thread is marked as having been read.    Just another example of the poor design and management by the company (Lithium) that hosts this site.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all the info. It was very helpful. I didn't realize there may have been a glitch on their side, thought it was me. 

Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y, it is always QVC’s fault😏