Esteemed Contributor

Help with Jo Malone Fragrance Please?

I just posted this on the Beauty board, but I thought I'd ask you all here as well.

I smelled the most beautiful fragrance from a magazine insert. It's Jo Malone's Peony & Blush Suede. Wow I just love this!

I've never smelled Jo Malone's fragrances, nor have I seen them in any stores, so I googled and found that it's sold in Saks, Neimans and Nordstrom from what I can tell, and online from the Jo Malone website.

Do you know of any other place that I might find it to be less expensive? This is $60 for 1 ounce of cologne. Too much! If I get it, it will definitely be my new summer fragrance.

I know some of you remember that I went crazy last summer over David Yurman's Summer Essence, but that too was expensive. I bided my time and found it on one of the discount fragrance sites for a lot less than what it sold for in the stores. I still love it, but I still have to have this Jo Malone lol

Thanks everyone!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

Re: Help with Jo Malone Fragrance Please?

Uh oh, now I want it too.

I have a favorite peony scent from Paulette at Pittsburgh Street Soapworks. It's just a generic I guess, not meant to be a dupe of anything. But it has made me very curious about Jo Malone's Peony and Blush Suede. We don't have a Jo Malone counter anywhere on my island either. I don't like her prices and especially for her plain bottles. I hope to sniff a sample of it someday.

Good luck on your hunt, Sunny. I know you will get it eventually and I'll be watching for your review.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Super Contributor

I can't recommend a place but I love Jo Malone. Jo Malone Grapefruit is one of my absolute favorites.

Good luck sunny.

Super Contributor

I have worn Jo Malone fragrances for years. To the best of my knowledge, these scents are not ever discounted.

If you live near one of the major department stores that carry the line, you can ask for a sample and try it for a few days before you buy a full-size. I've even heard that Nordstrom will mail you a sample if you call and ask nicely!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Sunny, I've liked the Jo Malone fragrances for quite a while. I especially like Orange Blossom, which is very light, for summer in FL.

I sometimes buy mine at Amazon.com (for a very slight discount), but won't do it again. I just wait until the exchequer can stand the full price. Three stores at my local mall sell it.

The thing about these perfumes is that they do not maintain the scent for more than a year or so. (No preservatives, maybe? I don't know.) So I buy the smallest possible quantity available, one that I will use up quickly.

Some of the online products seem to be older and already smell a little "off".

There is a small 5-sample item on Amazon.com in your scent for $10.00 but they look like samples, which you could get free in the store. And they may be old samples.

The mid-summer Nordstrom sale often has Jo Malone specials that are a good deal, but I've never seen them discounted.

Respected Contributor

I've had some samples for a few years. They seem no different than when I received them. In general I do not think the scents last more than an hour on me. You can get samples wherever the perfumes are sold.

Honored Contributor

I've never seen Jo Malone scents discounted.

Contributor

Blue agava and cacao is a delicious scent from Jo Malone.

Honored Contributor

Hi Sunny! I've gotten so many good fragrance tips from you...and liked everything you recommended, I just had to sign in.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

The only place I've ever bought Jo Malone, is at Nordstrom's. Don't know about buying it anywhere online. And I haven't tried the Peony fragrance yet.

But...I love her Red, Red Roses, and the Pomegranate Noir, and Nectarine Blossom and Honey.

One of the reasons I've sampled so many, is that Nordstrom's often sells sampler sets of her fragrances...you get about 5 little bottles in a set.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/22/2014 september said:

Hi Sunny! I've gotten so many good fragrance tips from you...and liked everything you recommended, I just had to sign in.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

The only place I've ever bought Jo Malone, is at Nordstrom's. Don't know about buying it anywhere online. And I haven't tried the Peony fragrance yet.

But...I love her Red, Red Roses, and the Pomegranate Noir, and Nectarine Blossom and Honey.

One of the reasons I've sampled so many, is that Nordstrom's often sells sampler sets of her fragrances...you get about 5 little bottles in a set.

hi september, we sure have shared our love of fragrances!

I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get to Nordstrom's to smell the fragrances. I also think I'll call one of the department stores tomorrow and see if if they can send me a sample of the Peony. It sure does smell pretty!

Are you still wearing Angel? I wore it all winter and I still love it a lot {#emotions_dlg.wub}

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett