Respected Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Cacellations or edits to an order are never guaraanteed.  While HSN allows up until Midnight (ET) on the day of order for most packages, it is the exception.  QVC makes no such guarantee (nor does any other major retailer).

The lesson here is to make sure one wants a product BEFORE plaing and confirming the order. 

Exactly.

Honored Contributor

@buddylou wrote:

Yes, I called customer service and was told the order was to far along, and 4 days later it's still "In Process".  

I,too, have experienced this. And it isn't always a case where it is being shipped directly from the vendor.

I have to wonder if Q will get to the point where they don't allow order cancellations at some point. It does seem that at times the system does just lock you out of making any change to the order or unable to cancel it. And I agree, too, that things 'too far along in the process' will still take several days to actually ship out. 

For the most part, my Q purchases are taking longer and longer to get to me. They were faster several years ago, than they are today..

Respected Contributor

I think the law allowing three days (72-hours) to cancel pertains to contracts and not ordering from a shopping channel. I think it also depends on the state.

Usually  if you sign a contract to buy a car, buy a vacuum cleaner etc..you can change your mind within three days.

I think often the systems are designed to move along the computer train...that after six hours you cannot cancel as it has been moved to another level..Four days later still in process - it is probably really just that "in process."  It has to go from ordering to billing to make sure your payment method is approved..then to the warehouse location that it is shipped from..etc.

Some places (such as Amazon) have a much faster delivery time frame for much less and even free...Love love love Amazon lol..

I shop around ..hit google when I see something and then Amazon to see who has the better price and that is where I go..My bank account has my loyalty first and foremost.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help me to understand

[ Edited ]

order by check untill you are sure you want it.QVC gets away with murder on their sales policy imo!!!!

I am waiting for a month for an order I tried to cancell the day I ordered it. Has not shipped yet .I  guess QVC doesn't know we use e-mail now!!!!  Smiley Sad

I actually do not like QVC policy  (worst anywhere)  and cannot figure out why I shop here. I truly believe it is out of boredom!

Trusted Contributor

I never have a problem editing, canceling, etc. my orders for at least 24 hours.  As another reply indicated, they do update their system at times, and you cannot edit or do anything during that time.  When they finish, however, you can.  Just keep trying.  

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

order by check untill you are sure you want it.QVC gets away with murder on their sales policy imo!!!!

I am waiting for a month for an order I tried to cancell the day I ordered it. Has not shipped yet .I  guess QVC doesn't know we use e-mail now!!!!  Smiley Sad

I actually do not like QVC policy  (worst anywhere)  and cannot figure out why I shop here. I truly believe it is out of boredom!

This is exactly why I wish they would stop accepting checks.

Honored Contributor

The 3 day cancellation law has nothing to do with orders from tv.

QVC is in a tough spot with this.  People want the chance to be able to cancel but then others complain because things don't ship out quickly enough.  If QVC is going to allow cancellations, they need to have something in place like HSN does.  You can cancel up until midnight of the day you place your order or you're out of luck.  

At many places, once your order is placed, there are no cancellations allowed.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank You...yea you all are right. The 72 hour thing only applies to contract sales etc. I like the HSN policy of cancelling up to midnight. Yes on QVC being in a position of no win as some want their items fast and also that things move up levels of process. I really have thought alot more about purchases in past few years and never get caught up in hype anymore. I like Amazon too and comparing prices as is better to get the best bang for the buck ....at least for me. LOL. Good answers thank You

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

had to delete this one!!! LOL

Respected Contributor

On one of my orders I got a "cancellation pending" message on the front page of order status, so where it normally says in process or shipped or backorder it was now saying cancellation pending.  On the fourth day it said shipped....just like that.