Super Contributor

Help ladies, shipping our car

I will have to have my car shipped back north from Florida. Believe it or not, my hubby drove down to Florida but has become very ill. We never expected this to happen.

So my question is I need info on shopping our car back north. What company is reputable? Any info is greatly appreciated.
Honored Contributor

Re: Help ladies, shipping our car

This was years ago but a neighbor shipped her car from NJ to California.  She used a "moving" company.  The car's gas had to be near empty prior to shipment.

I remember watching from my front door, the car being loaded onto this huge van.

=========

There are also companies that have "professional drivers."  For a fee, they will drive "your" car anywhere you want to go.  If you have a phone book (white & yellow pages), their services are listed.

HTH

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

My neighbors moved from the East Coast to the West Coast and their Cadillac and Jeep both were in the moving van.  

Respected Contributor

There are many car transporters you can use.  I would start with a dealership that sells your make of car.  See if they can hook you up with a transporter.  Be sure to check out the business and use the BBB.  Good luck and I hope your husband recovers very soon.

Honored Contributor

"See if they can hook you up with a transporter."

The original "transporter"

Image result for the transporter

I would have glady sat in the passenger seat of my own vehicle as it was being "transported." whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I shipped my Vette from NJ to SC in a moving van

Esteemed Contributor

Google a company called 'Auto Driveaway'. They arrange for non-commercial vehicles to be driven to other states, as you need. They've been in business a long time. Friends hired them decades ago and I hear their name pop up now and then by people in your situation.
Respected Contributor

Just a thought - Would there be a family member or friend who might be willing to drive it back if you paid for their airfare to Florida and a hotel room/food on the way home up north?  

Honored Contributor

Sorry about your hubby.

@Ditzydori

Super Contributor

Believe it or not - Fedex - we shipped a car a few years back and it was easy peasy.