Trusted Contributor

Help for posting a signature at end of post please

Hello, I have a signature but want to know if it's possible to post a pic with my  signature like my avatar?

Cat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

Re: Help for posting a signature at end of post please

You MIGHT be able to with HTML code, but I haven't tried it out.

Trusted Contributor

Will do, Thank you!

I'm also trying to figure out if I can add an emoticon before and after my signature?

Also is there a way for my postings to permenently stay the same bold, font size, font family and color. Right now I have to change them each time I post.

cheers Cat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skittles2 wrote:

Will do, Thank you!

I'm also trying to figure out if I can add an emoticon before and after my signature?

Also is there a way for my postings to permenently stay the same bold, font size, font family and color. Right now I have to change them each time I post.

cheers Cat Very Happy

@skittles2, At present this platform doesn't offer us the option to set a fixed font family/font size/font color, etc. for our replies.

So, the only thing we can do is accept the defaults or customize each time we post.

The only images I'm aware of that you can add to your signature (other than @ChynnaBlue's suggestion about HTML) are those you find on your device (usually with your keyboard or browser options) and some standard emojis and symbols you might be able to copy/paste.  Just give it a try, and see what happens.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I have an emoticon in my signature.   See the sun? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have an emoticon in my signature.   See the sun? 

Is the sun an actual image file (.jpg, .png., etc) or is it a character you entered from your keyboard? An emoticon from a keyboard is possible, like a :-) smile, but an image file of an emoticon (Smiley Happy) is different.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's some basic info about formatting the signature line.  If anyone sees mistakes in my post, or has something to add, I hope they'll add posts with better information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

To italicize, precede the signature with <em> and end it with </em>.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want the signature in bold, precede it with <b> at the beginning and </b> at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want the signature in colors, precede the signature with

<font color="nameofcolor">

and fill in the color's name between those quotation marks.

Here's a link to all the color names:

http://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_names.asp

~~~~~~~~~~~~

To add a symbol, you might have emojis and symbols on your keyboard or listed in the "Edit" menu on your browser -- or on a Windows-based PC you can try using the "Alt" key on your keyboard numeric keypad, hold it down and press a number key.  (With Apple devices, emojis are on your keyboard and/or in the browser "Edit"  menu.)

alt and 1 = 😊

alt and 2 = ☻

alt and 3 = ♥

alt and 4 = ♦

alt and 5 = ♣

and so on.

You can use some of these emojis and symbols in the subject line when you create a new thread, also.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

Hello, I have a signature but want to know if it's possible to post a pic with my  signature like my avatar?

Cat Very Happy

I did it with some HTML code, but it freaked my text out and now the text shows up funny. But I do have an image, so I'm going to say it's possible. Here's what it looked like:

SigImage.JPG

Now I'm going to delete it so people can read my link.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

Here's some basic info about formatting the signature line.  If anyone sees mistakes in my post, or has something to add, I hope they'll add posts with better information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

To italicize, precede the signature with <em> and end it with </em>.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want the signature in bold, precede it with <b> at the beginning and </b> at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want the signature in colors, precede the signature with

<font color="nameofcolor">

and fill in the color's name between those quotation marks.

Here's a link to all the color names:

http://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_names.asp

~~~~~~~~~~~~

To add a symbol, you might have emojis and symbols on your keyboard or listed in the "Edit" menu on your browser -- or on a Windows-based PC you can try using the "Alt" key on your keyboard, hold it down and press a number key.  (With Apple devices, emojis are on your keyboard and/or in the browser "Edit"  menu.)

alt and 1 = 😊

alt and 2 = ☻

alt and 3 = ♥

alt and 4 = ♦

alt and 5 = ♣

and so on.

You can use some of these emojis and symbols in the subject line when you create a new thread, also.

I THINK you can only do that on a PC if you have a keyboard with a numeric keypad at the side. My real name has an accent in it and on my desktop computers, I was always able to do an Alt+ keyboard shortcut to get an accent over the e. That keyboard shortcut has never worked on any of the laptops I've worked on and I have no idea why that is. I just got a laptop with a numeric keypad at home and will have to see if I can get it to work there. It's always a huge hassle to have to write my name out in Word and copy and paste it into other applications just to get the accent on my name, so I often just leave it off.

I just tried all of those symbols and none of them worked with the laptop I'm using now.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @ChynnaBlue!  I'll edit my post to say "numeric keypad" and wait and see what else you find out.  It's been years since I used a Windows-based computer.  The Mac shortcuts were different, but now with the new emojis available that's the best way to go with Apple devices.😊