Honored Contributor

Re: Help MaryBeth pick out a dress??

On 4/8/2015 lulu2 said:

Over the years, pictures of Mary Beth at hosts' weddings have been posted. These dresses are not unlike the dresses she's worn to those weddings. The wedding is taking place in England and from what I've read the MOB as chosen a similar, conservative style.

Mary Beth obviously loves these dresses or they would not have been in her final 4 choices. She will be lovely in whatever she wears.

Yeah when the original poll went up, I believe MBR said the MOB is wearing a short dress so a long dress was out of the question for her because she wanted to be in a similar style.

Regular Contributor

I took a look at these 2 dresses and thought, please Mary Beth, don't wear either one to your son's wedding! I didn't see the navy one mentioned in some posts so I can't comment on it but I bet it was way more flattering to MB. I don't understand -- why didn't MB ask Dennis Basso or one of the other designers who are frequently around QVC to either design a dress for her or at least give her some ideas? The silhouette of the 2 dresses is the same and to me they both look very matronly and the colors don't do her any justice. Just because it is a "mother of" dress doesn't mean it can't be current and stylish!!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Respected Contributor

Mary Beth couldn't possibly find 2 other dresses that are as matronly, thickening and unflattering as these 2.....Throw in the outdated hair and the issues with her neck and you have a truly hot mess ! You would think that SOMEONE would be honest with her.

Honored Contributor

It's some weird promo ..... and I'd be shocked if the "winner" wasn't available for sale after the event.

BOTH dresses were awful. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Instead of asking us, why not ask one of the Designer vendors for help? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

I think some of the comments in here are kind of harsh. I think all the dresses look really pretty on Mary Beth, except the hemline of the navy one. If it was a straighter hem it would look better. That dress doesn't seem to be in the running any longer anyway, so it's a moot point.

Also, Mary Beth said that she will be wearing different shoes on the day of the wedding, so that may improve the overall look of the dress to those that feel it's frumpy.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

You have to remember this wedding isn't in the US. I've attended 2 day time weddings in England and most everyone looked like they were out of 4 Weddings and a Funeral. The MOB and MOG did not dress up like I did for my children's weddings. There was a lot of lace and little skin showing.

Honored Contributor

I think some of the comments are very harsh. MB is not going to dress any differently. Suggesting where she should shop or what sort of dress she should wear is rude, IMO.

It's a fun little poll. Nothing more.

Super Contributor

Everyone here is still deciding what dress she should wear, LOL

I guess everyone is missing the POINT - Is it crazy that they need help deciding dresses, even after 4,000 plus votes??

Trusted Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Kachina624 said: You'd think the woman could select her own dress. Who cares what she wears anyway?

I'm with you! The personalization with the hosts is way over the top and continues. Wile we are at it, 98% of the posts here are still debating which dress is best! I don't care about her son's wedding, her dress, what shoes she wears or anything else. Don't mind her mentioning it and perhaps sharing pictures afterwards but please don't pretend to involve us and have long conversations; yet, so many want to be involved. I tire of hearing about Shawn's anything personal - the other night some new issue. People's children over-mentioned again and again. Didn't care about picking out Courtney's dress, flowers, tablescapes or anything else - why do you all care? These sales people are not your personal friends. I just don't get it. Most of all - the religious greetings and at the end of discussions - much like have a good day are now have a blessed day; not from the viewers but from the hosts. QVC is not a church or a church related entity and there are PLENTY of church-related channels for viewing.

Respected Contributor

On 4/9/2015 aggravated said:
On 4/8/2015 Kachina624 said: You'd think the woman could select her own dress. Who cares what she wears anyway?

I'm with you! The personalization with the hosts is way over the top and continues. Wile we are at it, 98% of the posts here are still debating which dress is best! I don't care about her son's wedding, her dress, what shoes she wears or anything else. Don't mind her mentioning it and perhaps sharing pictures afterwards but please don't pretend to involve us and have long conversations; yet, so many want to be involved. I tire of hearing about Shawn's anything personal - the other night some new issue. People's children over-mentioned again and again. Didn't care about picking out Courtney's dress, flowers, tablescapes or anything else - why do you all care? These sales people are not your personal friends. I just don't get it. Most of all - the religious greetings and at the end of discussions - much like have a good day are now have a blessed day; not from the viewers but from the hosts. QVC is not a church or a church related entity and there are PLENTY of church-related channels for viewing.

Some of QVC's customers enjoy being a part of things; participating in surveys whether they're real or not. That's good that you already know that it doesn't interest you, as they make it very easy to completely avoid them if you wish. To each his own.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James