Honored Contributor

Re: Help MaryBeth pick out a dress??

On 4/9/2015 qvc chick said:

Everyone here is still deciding what dress she should wear, LOL

I guess everyone is missing the POINT - Is it crazy that they need help deciding dresses, even after 4,000 plus votes??

I never thought any host needs our help when they ask these questions or take polls. IMO it is a very carefully crafted marketing strategy, to make customers feel included in hosts lives. (Why a customer would want to be, I have no idea). But it probably increases sales.

Respected Contributor

On 4/9/2015 MJ 12 said:
On 4/9/2015 qvc chick said:

Everyone here is still deciding what dress she should wear, LOL

I guess everyone is missing the POINT - Is it crazy that they need help deciding dresses, even after 4,000 plus votes??

I never thought any host needs our help when they ask these questions or take polls. IMO it is a very carefully crafted marketing strategy, to make customers feel included in hosts lives. (Why a customer would want to be, I have no idea). But it probably increases sales.

Exactly. Some customers enjoy feeling more connected and for them, I'm glad that they are able to enjoy their shopping experience even more.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

For those of you suggesting she go to Nordstrom, I believe those dresses ARE from Nordstrom. The one looks like Eliza J. In fact they both do.

Honored Contributor

I'm guessing that MB asked the MOG and the bride-to-be, exactly what type of dress, more or less, that she should be wearing in England. MOG and MOB dress styles could be much more different than in US, as someone here experienced.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:

I didn't vote.

Will my account be suspended?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

On 4/9/2015 aggravated said:
On 4/8/2015 Kachina624 said: You'd think the woman could select her own dress. Who cares what she wears anyway?

I'm with you! The personalization with the hosts is way over the top and continues. Wile we are at it, 98% of the posts here are still debating which dress is best! I don't care about her son's wedding, her dress, what shoes she wears or anything else. Don't mind her mentioning it and perhaps sharing pictures afterwards but please don't pretend to involve us and have long conversations; yet, so many want to be involved. I tire of hearing about Shawn's anything personal - the other night some new issue. People's children over-mentioned again and again. Didn't care about picking out Courtney's dress, flowers, tablescapes or anything else - why do you all care? These sales people are not your personal friends. I just don't get it. Most of all - the religious greetings and at the end of discussions - much like have a good day are now have a blessed day; not from the viewers but from the hosts. QVC is not a church or a church related entity and there are PLENTY of church-related channels for viewing.

You must be aggravated. {#emotions_dlg.mellow}

Honored Contributor

Here are the original four for those who never saw the navy one.

Trusted Contributor

Of all these dresses I voted for the navy blue one,the others did look frumpy,Marybeth had on a short skirt and a jacket the other day that looked much more flattering than these dresses,now maybe if she put one of those shrugs on over the dress it would look better,now she did ask so we gave our opinion. tucka.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the photos. The navy looks the most flattering to the figure, IMO.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

I think she looks very nice in all the dresses. That's her style of dress. I like the pale colored one & the navy. I think she just wants to be appropriate and not stand out or out do the m.o.b.