Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 851
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Helicopter crash landed on top of NYC high rise today

It's on all the news channels.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,249
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Helicopter crash landed on top of NYC high rise today

I know the area well I worked across the street from the building where the crash was. It could of been a lot worse and it could of been on a Wed which is matinee day and the streets would be packed

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,082
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Helicopter crash landed on top of NYC high rise today

That had to have been to terrorizing to see the smoke or feel the building shake.

 

My son words in lower Manhattan and I had

talked to him about an hour before this happened.

 

Sad for the deceased.  It could've been much worse--a catastrophe!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,249
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Helicopter crash landed on top of NYC high rise today

There seem to a a lot of mysteries in the flight path of the helicopter.

He started at 34 th Street on the West Side and was headed south for Linden NJ, and he ended up North of where he started.

He did not have any communications with and sky tower or the like

It is a very confusing event

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,060
Registered: ‎11-25-2011

Re: Helicopter crash landed on top of NYC high rise today

[ Edited ]

Watching the presser right now.

Still confusing.

So many questions.

 

How did the pilot die?

If it was traveling upward, the speed wouldn’t be as great...

especially in the fog.

 

And if it was that ‘crashy’, wouldn’t there be remnants of the aircraft strewn about?  

 

I’m wondering...if it was an ‘executive’ craft, maybe someone

of importance ordered this flight, even in the bad weather. 

Having their name attached to this might not be a good PR move. 

(JMO)

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,231
Registered: ‎05-18-2015

Re: Helicopter crash landed on top of NYC high rise today

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

There seem to a a lot of mysteries in the flight path of the helicopter.

He started at 34 th Street on the West Side and was headed south for Linden NJ, and he ended up North of where he started.

He did not have any communications with and sky tower or the like

It is a very confusing event


The 34th Street Heliport is on the East River. You have to cross Manhattan to get to the West Side. 

I hate helicopters here.  We've had a lot of accidents (many fatal) over the years. 

 

The pilot radioed a distress call. The weather is bad here. The visibility is very bad. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,249
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Helicopter crash landed on top of NYC high rise today

@sidsmom 

 

Watching the local news and everyone seems confused at to why this helicopter was traveling on a day that is so bad. It is a story that is unraveling by the minute


@sidsmom wrote:

Watching the presser right now.

Still confusing.

So many questions.

 

How did the pilot die?

If it was traveling upward, the speed wouldn’t be as great...

especially in the fog.

 

And if it was that ‘crashy’, wouldn’t there be remnants of the aircraft strewn about?  

 

I’m wondering...if it was an ‘executive’ craft, maybe someone

of importance ordered this flight, even in the bad weather. 

Having their name attached to this might not be a good PR move. 

(JMO)


 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,060
Registered: ‎11-25-2011

Re: Helicopter crash landed on top of NYC high rise today

@I am still oxox 

It’s amazing you worked right across the street.

What else is in the area?

Do you know anyone still,working in the area?

Love your input.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,249
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Helicopter crash landed on top of NYC high rise today

@sidsmom 

 

It has been a long time since I worked there, but it is the Northern end of the theater district, if it had been a Wednesday the streets would of been packed with Wed matinee theater goes. 

It is not to far from  is where there Stage Deli was at 834 7th Avenue, which is the next block opposite side of the street.

It is a very busy area, there is also was a semi famous hotel a block or two south, at one time it was called the Americana hotel, very mid modern, I am sorry but I am not sure what is called now.

 


@sidsmom wrote:

@I am still oxox 

It’s amazing you worked right across the street.

What else is in the area?

Do you know anyone still,working in the area?

Love your input.


 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,596
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

Re: Helicopter crash landed on top of NYC high rise today


@I am still oxox wrote:

@sidsmom 

 

It has been a long time since I worked there, but it is the Northern end of the theater district, if it had been a Wednesday the streets would of been packed with Wed matinee theater goes. 

It is not to far from  is where there Stage Deli was at 834 7th Avenue, which is the next block opposite side of the street.

It is a very busy area, there is also was a semi famous hotel a block or two south, at one time it was called the Americana hotel, very mid modern, I am sorry but I am not sure what is called now.

 


@sidsmom wrote:

@I am still oxox 

It’s amazing you worked right across the street.

What else is in the area?

Do you know anyone still,working in the area?

Love your input.


 


@I am still oxox 

 

I used to eat lunch on Fridays at the Stage Deli.  I worked on 6th Avenue (Avenue of the Americas) between 54th and 55th Street.  That area was always crowded with people, lot of businesses and tourists.

 

Many days at lunchtime I'd walk with a co-worker to Central Park and we'd pass by the Plaza Hotel on 5th Ave., by the park.  There were always lots of people walking in midtown.