Honored Contributor

Helen Mirren, 74, displays her natural beauty as she poses makeup-free in bed while asking fans to donate to Intensive Care Support scheme

4609D412-4DB1-4B70-B4DC-764DE45B2D38.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden ...it's a scheme that she is asking people to donate to?

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@SeaMaiden ...it's a scheme that she is asking people to donate to?

@Mom2Dogs 

Support the heroes who are saving our loved ones’ lives

• Every intensive care professional is knowingly putting themselves at risk.  They are facing monumental pressure. But they come in on every shift and their focus is on you, your mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, friends and relatives.
  • The Intensive Care Society looks after these heroes.
  • We are supporting and funding researchers investigating COVID-19
  • We are undertaking research to improve intensive treatment and care of patients.
  • We are collaborating with other national organisations to develop simple, clear and accurate guidance.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden ..the word SCHEME in the original post is why I asked.

Honored Contributor
@SeaMaiden. Take a look at your OP, it says "scheme".
Honored Contributor
Scheme is what it's called in England. When you Google it there is a web site called National Funding Scheme.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: Helen Mirren Love Her!

[ Edited ]

Whatever it is, I would think it more important to donate now for so many other urgent right now things!

I'm sure everyone can think of their own list maybe even themselves or a neighbor right next door, or sending a bunch of great take-out to a hospital like someone did-on and on.

There are so many ways to help make ICU's better now, not paying for some company to "research" how to make them better.I'm sure a nurse or dr or tech in the hospitals now could count the many ways to help today this moment.

Unless I misunderstood what it was posted that it did.

@SeaMaiden _No offense to you of course just my thoughts on this company or whatever it is.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  In England and other UK countries, the word "scheme" means "plan."

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Mom2Dogs  In England and other UK countries, the word "scheme" means "plan."

Here is. The article 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8172665/Helen-Mirren-74-ditches-glam-posts-make-free-s...

Respected Contributor

You learn something NEW .. Everyday !