Honored Contributor

Heck, forget extended car warranties….

I'm now getting texts, from different scam sources asking me if I'm interested in customized car decals.  Of all things, car decals.

I block the number, delete the text and in a day or two, another group text from another number.  Repeat the same process. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Heck, forget extended car warranties….

Maybe a display a decal warning motorists about the car decal scam?

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh 

I must be missing something here. What does your posting have to do with the title of your thread. Expected to see a question or comment on Extended Car Warranties.

I bought them on every new car I purchased that I knew I would sell before the warranty expired. Made selling those vehicles much easier while they were still under warranty for the car buyer. Made sure those warranties included being transferable to a different owner while still valid.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@gidgetgh 

I must be missing something here. What does your posting have to do with the title of your thread. Expected to see a question or comment on Extended Car Warranties.

I bought them on every new car I purchased that I knew I would sell before the warranty expired. Made selling those vehicles much easier while they were still under warranty for the car buyer. Made sure those warranties included being transferable to a different owner while still valid.

hckynut 🇺🇸

I thought I made it pretty clear. We all get contacted over and over for extended car warranties. Well, now I've started getting texts to see if I'm interested in putting customized car decals on my car, for advertisement. I've gotten a lot of them. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

We've gotten the "extended warranty" mailings a lot in recent years - even on my 25 year old vehicle!

Granted, it's a great vehicle and, in the 25 years since I purchased it, I've put super low mileage on it (last time I looked, a few days ago, it was 50,600 miles).   I love my car and hope it outlasts me.  

But I also know that no company in their right mind is going to cover an old vehicle like that.    I've seen them come for my husband's vehicle which isn't nearly as old as mine but still older than would be profitable to warranty.  He tends to be fairly gullible so I get rid of those fast.

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh 

Thank you for your reply. Since I do not text, and our home phone has an Auto Block feature. Our phone rings only for those names and phone numbers entered into our directory, and then they are connected.

I did say "I must be missing something here". That is why I led my post with that sentence, and why it was not "pretty clear" to me. 

Now we are singing from the same different pages, eh?

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought an extended warranty with Ford and it amazes me when all these other companies contact me that my warranty with them is expiring.  Please.

As far as the warranty goes in May of 2021 my thousands of dollars air conditioning repair only cost me the $100.00 deductible and I enjoyed driving a Ford Truck for a week.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Totally frustrating, isn't it? 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

We've gotten the "extended warranty" mailings a lot in recent years - even on my 25 year old vehicle!

Granted, it's a great vehicle and, in the 25 years since I purchased it, I've put super low mileage on it (last time I looked, a few days ago, it was 50,600 miles).   I love my car and hope it outlasts me.  

But I also know that no company in their right mind is going to cover an old vehicle like that.    I've seen them come for my husband's vehicle which isn't nearly as old as mine but still older than would be profitable to warranty.  He tends to be fairly gullible so I get rid of those fast.

@chickenbutt : I don't drive and don't have a car but my phone receives calls daily about my car warranty 🤷‍♀️😳😳😳

Honored Contributor

People who don't drive and don't own cars get those annoying "extended warranty " calls and texts daily.   I've been getting calls about Medicare benefits a couple of times a day.  I'm 62 and eligible for Medicare.  I don't bother blocking those numbers because it's always a different number. I just hang up and move on.   It's a nuisance but that's the world we live in and I'm not going to let some nuisance calls and texts take on meaning.