Honored Contributor

Re: Heat wave is on the way to the west.

Next Tuesday it will be 97 and on Wed. 93.  I am not fond of the 90 degree weather.  80's please, preferably low 80's.  This is for Chicago.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt- Despite the lack of reliable electricity (brown/black outs), they keep telling us to buy electric cars.   How are we supposed to charge these vehicles when there isn't enough to cool our homes? I am in So. California and our area only permits outside watering 1 day per week.  If we don't conserve 20%, more restrictions will follow.  Our electric company continues to raise rates because their faulty equipment is responsible for the many wildfires we've experienced.  We are having a few more days of excessive heat this week before a couple days of slightly cooler temps. before another high pressure comes middle of next week and heats us up again. 

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3    I've spent a lot of time in Texas airports and I've never seen that done except on a celebratory basis.  I do know they have to decrease the load on passenger and cargo planes when the weather gets extremely hot.  The planes don't have as much lift when its hot so they lighten the loads.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WORKING GAL wrote:

@Spurt- Despite the lack of reliable electricity (brown/black outs), they keep telling us to buy electric cars.   How are we supposed to charge these vehicles when there isn't enough to cool our homes? I am in So. California and our area only permits outside watering 1 day per week.  If we don't conserve 20%, more restrictions will follow.  Our electric company continues to raise rates because their faulty equipment is responsible for the many wildfires we've experienced.  We are having a few more days of excessive heat this week before a couple days of slightly cooler temps. before another high pressure comes middle of next week and heats us up again. 

No kidding! The people in charge obviously don't understand

'horse before cart'.

Honored Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

@WORKING GAL 

I feel for all the people that live in California your situation is a real mess ....... ours was mostly caused by that rare artic storm....

And same as you, I wondered that too what is the impact of electric cars on the electric grid????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt  and fellow Texans.  Let's just hope they can keep the power grid going. This is already miserable, before the even higher temps hit this weekend.

I love the way they're telling us to turn our AC up. It's less than a subtle warning of things to come. Like suffer a little, or maybe a lot, instead of fixing the dang grid issues. 

I ran errands today and stocked up on groceries for the next several days. I'm going to try to stay home unless absolutely necessary.

Looks like we could be going into Stage III water restrictions soon, too, Watering with hose, or bucket isn't going to cut it. My carpet grass looks like straw. Shrubs, plants are dying.

Bad summer!  Oh wait, it isn't officially summer yet.  

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Just come over and bring your fur babies. I have plenty of room (and food) and whole house air conditioning.

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Just come over and bring your fur babies. I have plenty of room (and food) and whole house air conditioning.

@Malcontent 

Oh thank you. Sounds very inviting. I just got a new 5-yo golden retriever girl and she won't get into my car! Gonna have to keep her safe and cool here until this heat wave passes. Would love to come visit though!Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I’m not far from you as you know and you and your babies are always welcomed here.

I mean that.

Oh, bring @dancingwoman too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BlueFinch wrote:

@Spurt  and fellow Texans.  Let's just hope they can keep the power grid going. This is already miserable, before the even higher temps hit this weekend.

I love the way they're telling us to turn our AC up. It's less than a subtle warning of things to come. Like suffer a little, or maybe a lot, instead of fixing the dang grid issues. 

I ran errands today and stocked up on groceries for the next several days. I'm going to try to stay home unless absolutely necessary.

Looks like we could be going into Stage III water restrictions soon, too, Watering with hose, or bucket isn't going to cut it. My carpet grass looks like straw. Shrubs, plants are dying.

Bad summer!  Oh wait, it isn't officially summer yet.  

@BlueFinch 

Yep, ITA what you said.....and the local Meteorologist said we will continue to have all this horrible heat with us for at least another 2 weeks.....🥵  Yep, my grass looks like straw too and with Stage 3 looming upon us...the only thing that will be green is the Live Oak trees and the Crepe Myrtle trees.....

One thing I thought was funny when CPS Energy sent out their infamous email when it was only 93....people responded on the News4 Facebook Page taking a page from the Alamo heroes with their message of defiance to Santa Ana and his troops---

And put a modern twist on it with this specfic issue in mind--also a message of DEFIANCE to CPS Energy---(At least despite everything we haven't lost our sense of humor)

COME AND TAKE IT

Room Air Conditioners

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”