Esteemed Contributor

Re: Heat wave in Sn. California, broke records.

Southern California is an arrid part of California, which extends quite a bit north and suffers from the effects of Santa Ana winds, which tend to bring warmer temperatures from the east to the west.

During the 13 years we lived in San Diego, there was so little rain, which is typical, that I probably couldn't even fill a cup measure for that entire time.

Esteemed Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

In Mesa Arizona.  We left CA in 2005 but sure miss it.  I worked in Burbank at WarnerBros. Studios and was living in Encino when we moved.  Over a period of 40 years I lived in Northridge, Chatsworth and then Encino.

@Lindsays Grandma

I may have the wrong poster but didn't you, your daughter and Lindsay move to Florida?

Yes, that's me.  We left FL after three months, stayed with friends in Colorado for a couple of months and returned to AZ, don't ask. Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Southern CA is considered a Mediterranean climate (not desert, unless you are in the Mojave or Sonora deserts).

Yes, it has been warm.  I was looking at the cute Christmas sweaters as I shopped, but no way can I wear one.  It would be far too hot.  Christmas is often a t-shirt day, but who knows for this year.  

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Southern CA is considered a Mediterranean climate (not desert, unless you are in the Mojave or Sonora deserts).

Yes, it has been warm.  I was looking at the cute Christmas sweaters as I shopped, but no way can I wear one.  It would be far too hot.  Christmas is often a t-shirt day, but who knows for this year.  

@Another new name Sue

oh my s/o would! he is cold once it gets down below 70 degrees. he sleeps with a down blanket and long sleeved pajamas.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein