Honored Contributor

Re: Heat wave in Sn. California, broke records.

We’ve had two cool nights that I can think of in months.  The last few nights have been too warm for me, we had the bedroom window open most of the way.  Not much rain, either, which is worrisome.  Climate change 😧

Honored Contributor

Oh man, everytime we go visit our granddaughter it heats up.  I dont care when it is.  Only once in the last 19 years have I ever seen rain in LA, and that was the day before the Womens March last January.  But the day of event it was in high 70's

This past Tuesday we got off the plane in Burbank to the tune of 97, and it was 1 in the afternoon.  Weds we in Japantown and it had to be close to 100. Thanksgiving it was 94 in Woodland Hills.  Low and behold, as fate would have it the day we left, Friday, it was in low 80's.

horrible,  I bought sweater i was dying to wear...and had to sack those plans.  I dug stuff from summer. That was still wearable.  Yikes!

they usually have this outdoor ice rink set up in Woodland Hills by the mall.  I didnt see it this year.  One year we were there celebrating a birthday, and girls were ice skating in swim suits.  No kidding.  I live in Silicon Valley, and it just started to cool down a bit.  The days have been pleasant in the low to mid 70's.  The nights are cool on and off, sometimes 44. My winter squash is not going to make it.  Half of the leaves had mold, then black from warm days cold, damp nights!!

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

In Mesa Arizona.  We left CA in 2005 but sure miss it.  I worked in Burbank at WarnerBros. Studios and was living in Encino when we moved.  Over a period of 40 years I lived in Northridge, Chatsworth and then Encino.

@Lindsays Grandma

I may have the wrong poster but didn't you, your daughter and Lindsay move to Florida?

Contributor

I live in central California and it’s been around 80. Tomorrow is predicted to be 84 and Monday 64, yippee to the cooling trend!

Honored Contributor

I used to live in Orange County and I remember one Christmas Eve I had to run the A/C full blast so I could light a fire in the fireplace.  

Esteemed Contributor

we are havingRe: Heat wave in Sn. California, broke records.

I live in the San Gabriel Valley. I will take the weather here   we are having now then go back to Northern Minnesota near Lake Superior where I grew up. Next week it will be cooler here and maybe rain.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in the San Gabriel Valley. I will take the weather we are having then Northern Minn

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Big Sister wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Big Sister wrote:

The last few days it's been in the high 90s here and it actually broke records going back at least 100 years.  It's crazy!  But should start cooling down now.

What part of CA are you in?  I lived in the San Fernando Valley for forty years, loved every minute, well, except for the earthquakes!!!

@Lindsays Grandma   Hello, I live in Orange County, CA.  I think it got to about 98 degrees in the Burbank area where you were near.  Where are you now?

In Mesa Arizona.  We left CA in 2005 but sure miss it.  I worked in Burbank at WarnerBros. Studios and was living in Encino when we moved.  Over a period of 40 years I lived in Northridge, Chatsworth and then Encino.

@Lindsays Grandma   I can understand your missing this area.  You lived in some very nice cities.

Trusted Contributor

Spokane,WA broke a heat record for TG at 55 degrees. 

Honored Contributor

It has been clear and cold here in WV since hunting season started last Monday.   Right now it is 44 degrees.