Esteemed Contributor

I was in Orland the year they had all the fires and it went up to 106 with high humidity .......too hot for me..

Respected Contributor

It is 99 here (near Yosemite)...I am burning a pumpkin scented candle and having chai tea,pretending it's Fall :-)

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Already 99° in PHX.........at 8 A.M.

@Desertdi.  I hear you had a big haboob in addition to the heat.  What a lovely place to live!

Not much of a dust storm in my part of the area. Just a little wind. Temps coming down next week with rain  in the forecast. Very typical July monsoon weather.

I heard new Mexico is on fire.

What a  lovely place to live.

Honored Contributor

My daughter said it was 117 near Woodland  Hills, CA although NOAA said it was 116!

Honored Contributor

Re: Heat in southern CA

[ Edited ]

@brandiwine wrote:

We've been broiling for 2 months here in  Colorado.  No rain, only high 90's and above and many fires.  I hate summer anyway, but this is just awful.  Remember, we're a mile or more closer to the sun.  Can you say skin cancer?

@brandiwine.  Did you know that Albuquerque is the same altitude as Denver?  Yep one mile up.  We had a hard rain finally yesterday evening and it did all sorts of damage washing out roads and an irrigation ditch levee that caused a whole area to flood.  I haven.'t seen such damage since the summer of 2006, when we last had a lot of rain.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

"Suffering from heat"?? Really? It's Summer! Sorry, but this is what Summer is supposed to be like! I am in heaven this Summer. Every day is gorgeous and hot! Love, love, love it! I look forward to my days in my boat and playing outside. Before we know it, Winter will be what you all will be complaining about. Ugh.

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

Some highs are record breaking! Going to be a long hot summer. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

It is even warm at the beach here in SoCal but nowhere the temps inland.  It is becoming humid, which I hate.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

"Suffering from heat"?? Really? It's Summer! Sorry, but this is what Summer is supposed to be like! I am in heaven this Summer. Every day is gorgeous and hot! Love, love, love it! I look forward to my days in my boat and playing outside. Before we know it, Winter will be what you all will be complaining about. Ugh.

@ID2, yes, people are suffering from heat. There will undoubtedly be health problems and mortalities.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

We've been broiling for 2 months here in  Colorado.  No rain, only high 90's and above and many fires.  I hate summer anyway, but this is just awful.  Remember, we're a mile or more closer to the sun.  Can you say skin cancer?

@brandiwine.  Did you know that Albuquerque is the same altitude as Denver?  Yep one mile up.  We had a hard rain finally yesterday evening and it did all sorts of damage washing out roads and an irrigation ditch levee that caused a whole area to flood.  I haven.'t seen such damage since the summer of 2006, when we last had a lot of rain.

Yes I did.  We have visited Albuquerque many times when going to Arizona or Calif for a winter break.