Esteemed Contributor

Re: Heat Index 105 this weekend 6/16

Hot/Humid here is SC - heat index is 94 today. Temps going up next week into the 90's. 

Honored Contributor

Mid 80's here in Northern Va.  Every day temp keeps climbing.  Tomorrow in the 90's, Monday mid 90's and Tuesday upper 90's.... Ugh!  I also hate hot weather.  Never liked it when I was young either.

Now that I'm 'old' I REALLY hate it.  I just sweat so bad it's stupid.  I stay in the house.

It's the humidity that makes me a crazy person!  I try to stay away from people when it's humid because I get onery!  Ha!  Other people have told me they feel the same way.

Good grief ladies!  So I have 2 dehumidifiers going and some of those cheapo things that draw out the humidity in the house (you can see the water in the bag).

I feel like I live in a sauna!  I have two of those turbines on the top of my house too.  

I empty the one dehumidifier at least 3 or 4 times a day!  I checked and the humidity thing on the heatpump is off so I know it's OK, just a humid house, I guess.

Well, the heatpump guys tell me I must turn down the air conditioner (I keep it at around 76) and it would be cooler.  But then my arthritis starts to hurt.

I'm just a mess when it's hot!  Ha!  Good thing I live alone with my two cats.  They don't mind when I'm onery.  They just ignore me!

@Katcat1 I agree with you.  I could never live in the summer in Florida or Arizona.  My middle daughter lives in Florida and loves the heat.  My oldest daughter worships heat.  Go figure!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You're welcome @dmod nj. I think that map is so cool. The details are amazing.   

I enjoyed zeroing in on my son's neighborhood in Chicago.  It was very detailed!  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

It is going to be hot here in Maine on Monday,96 humidity at 70% ,i hate that type of weather.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

We're expecting several days of high 90's but it doesn't bother me much.  I have air conditioning.  I don't work outside.   Every place I would ever have to go has air conditioning.  I just bought a nice new big fan because sometimes, I like to turn the a.c. off, close the blinds and use the fan.  The newer fans are more energy efficient and our fan must be 20 years old.  When it's that hot, I don't go out in the daytime unless I absolutely have to.  So, the heat is pretty much irrelevant.  

It’s wonderful to live the life of Reilly isn’t it.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

We're expecting several days of high 90's but it doesn't bother me much.  I have air conditioning.  I don't work outside.   Every place I would ever have to go has air conditioning.  I just bought a nice new big fan because sometimes, I like to turn the a.c. off, close the blinds and use the fan.  The newer fans are more energy efficient and our fan must be 20 years old.  When it's that hot, I don't go out in the daytime unless I absolutely have to.  So, the heat is pretty much irrelevant.  

Your perfect life at it's best. And you don't even eat dessert. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I've mentioned before I'm in Southern Maryland, so we are "neighbors."

This is the time of year when I start dreaming of autumn.

Hate the humidity, but it keeps the skin plump Cat LOL

Hate when we go above 80, which is almost all summer.

With all the rain we had this year, the bugs are out in droves.  I'm having the area sprayed at least once a month so I can leave the house now and then without being attacked.

Did I mention I'm dreaming of autumn?  

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee, wow on the hail!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

Heat index is over 100 towy in NE IN. Supposed to be very uoy next couple of days.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman I've lived in Northern Va all of my life, so I know the weather over the years pretty well.

It usually doesn't get this humid as early as it has been lately....not for more than one or two days here and there.

This area is known for our August humidity.  (That's why the Gov't people (as many as can) leave the area during August.  Everything pretty much comes to a standstill.

I don't know your age but I'm 71.  Many of us here remember the days when only rich people had air conditioning.

I remember sleeping with all of the windows open (and the back door (screen door keeping out the bug) wide open.  But when you're a kid the heat doesn't bother you so much.

I don't have a thyroid so my body temp is back and forth.  I keep thinking 'if my husband was alive, I'd be driving him crazy complaining about the heat and being cold from the air conditioning'.  Ha!

My poor cats like to go on the back screened in porch to enjoy the weather (they like the heat).  They've even learned how to push open the big door to do in and out!

Hot weather drains energy.  I actually have a credit on my electric bill (all electric house) because I know next months bill is going to be a whopper!