Trusted Contributor

Re: Heat Index 105 this weekend 6/16

@Starpolisher    Hey another Jersey girl here too!   I am near the shore also!  Beach weekend for sure!  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Saturday and Sunday it will be in the mid/high 90's with the heat index at 105 and above.  Yuck.  I cannot stand the high heat.  I could never live in Arizona.  I'd rather live in Anartica.  Anyone else having really hot weather?  This is for the Chicago area.  I will be staying in.  Cat Mad

@Katcat1  Predicted hot/humid in NC. 😰

Honored Contributor

We're expecting several days of high 90's but it doesn't bother me much.  I have air conditioning.  I don't work outside.   Every place I would ever have to go has air conditioning.  I just bought a nice new big fan because sometimes, I like to turn the a.c. off, close the blinds and use the fan.  The newer fans are more energy efficient and our fan must be 20 years old.  When it's that hot, I don't go out in the daytime unless I absolutely have to.  So, the heat is pretty much irrelevant.  

Honored Contributor

It ended being 90 today and hardly any breeze although at 6 pm the wind is picking up.  I am staying in this weekend.  There were so many people at the grocery store a couple of hours ago.  No one wants to deal with heat over the weekend.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee I didn't know about hail alley, but that makes sense. A regular shingle roof would not hold up when pelted with that much hail.

@Katcat1 I'm one state north and we will get heat/humidity too, but it's supposed to last just two days. Try to stay comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1Im right there with you..15 miles west of Chicago. I walked at the indoor track today,way too hot by the time I could walk outside.  It will be indoor track for the next few days.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found a super neat weather map that shows real-time radar of storms and precip. You can zoom in / out (for the entire country) and also go back 2 hours and advance it to see where the storms are headed.

http://www.kktv.com/templates/2015_Fullscreen_Radar

Honored Contributor

LOL, don't ever move South, all our summers are hot & humid, but we have good AC in house & car,  and I'll take that any day over snow!!!  I don't do snow!!!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I found a super neat weather map that shows real-time radar of storms and precip. You can zoom in / out (for the entire country) and also go back 2 hours and advance it to see where the storms are headed.

http://www.kktv.com/templates/2015_Fullscreen_Radar

@SilleeMeethank you for sharing this link. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

You're welcome @dmod nj. I think that map is so cool. The details are amazing.