Honored Contributor

Re: Heat Index 105 this weekend 6/16

I have a turkey breast I need to bake first thing tomorrow morning.  Don't want the poor A/c working over time. I'd hate to be the guys on call at the heating and air conditioning places this weekend, it'd be a mad house I'd bet with calls!

Honored Contributor

Just about the same heat index hitting the DC area this weekend.  Summer is by far my least favorite season.  Even my dog hates the heat; she does her business and wants to go directly back inside.  In cooler months she wants to stay out for hours. 

Valued Contributor

I’m in Chicago too.   Storms are coming and high humidity for the weekend.   I heard it will feel like 107 on Sunday.   

The A/C will be running non stop now 

Honored Contributor

It's supposed to be in the high 90s or even low 100s with a heat index of up to 110 here this weekend.  I'm glad I have air conditioning.  

Honored Contributor

I'm in Chicago too and it has been great here this past week.  Heat is on the way and I hope our building's a/c is working.  Memorial Day weekend when it was in the 90s here, maintenance was being done on our HVAC so it was a little uncomfortable--LOL!!  Fortunately, we have ways of beating the heat, i.e., Art Institute, Field Museum, library, etc.  We survived.

Respected Contributor

We're expecting the same heat and humidity in Michigan as well. I'm about to head out to get my round of golf in early before the mugginess sets in. I've always said that I won't go near Florida between May 1st and mid October because of the heat and humidity, but the reality is that it can often be just as hot and humid in Michigan during the summer. People come here expecting it to be a place to cool off, and boy, are they ever surprised. Fortunately there are plenty of lakes nearby to jump in, and no need to worry about gators!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes we are having a heatwave in Colorado but not record-breaking heat...just HOT! A few days ago when it got hot like this, we had a really bad hail storm in one of our communities. Here's a pic from a poor soul who was there:

r960-2d88febc0c3ab1a613c18f46f3b5399d.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   OMG!   That hail is bigger than golf balls.  You could really get hurt and I hate to see what cars look like that were outside.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All the major insurance companies have tents located all over the area to help with the claims. They are inundated to say the least!  No one was killed as far as I know but the mental stress from the storm is just awful.Smiley Sad 

hail613.jpg

images.jpg

It's interesting why Colorado has some of the worst hailstorms. Simply put, we are just closer to the clouds. I live in a 'hail alley' part of the city but my area was spared from that last big hailstorm...TG!!

Honored Contributor

Rain on its way-70% chance for the weekend.  Temps will drop to the 80's (hopefully the forecast is right) so a nice "cool down".  Then back up to the 90's.

Any rain is welcome-the aquifer has been dropping and stage2 water restrictions have been in place.  I wish they would restrict all the time and not just when levels reach certain marks.  With this city exploding in population I think it's wise to make restrictions permanent.

But I'm not on the board so who listens to me.  LOL

Today is still hot but I do see the sky is now covered with gray clouds.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh